• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox 360 external hd

Matt Samoohi

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
282
lets say if i hooked up my core x bx 360 to an external hd could i do game saves on it or save music and movies? thanks
 
I THINK the Xbox 360 can only read data off of an external hard drive, such as music, photos and videos, without some sort of mod. I don't think the system can use the drive for game saves, and storing marketplace downloads. I could be wrong about this, but I thought that was the case.
 
Jerome36 said:
I THINK the Xbox 360 can only read data off of an external hard drive, such as music, photos and videos, without some sort of mod. I don't think the system can use the drive for game saves, and storing marketplace downloads. I could be wrong about this, but I thought that was the case.

yes u r right.

u cannot save games or download stuff wit an external hdd. it can only play music or pics i think, not video [the last update might have changed that, ~iuno]

u have 2 by the special ms hdd or the memory card to save games or use online or marketplace. there is no 70gb drive, it hasnt been announced or nethibg. the pic that had "70gb free" was prolly a debug unit or sumthing.
 
I'm sure ms will release a bigger hd, people are saying the 20gb hd only has 13gbs available, thats not very much especially for what ms offers you - movies, demos etc.
 
Hulk said:
I'm sure ms will release a bigger hd, people are saying the 20gb hd only has 13gbs available, thats not very much especially for what ms offers you - movies, demos etc.

Yeah, only 13 available.
 
There was a photo from an Xbox/Microsoft conference in Taiwan, or Korea (I forget which), and the guy was standing in front of a slide with a 100 gig removable 360 hard drive. I don't know if anything developed from that story, but there's word that a larger drive is coming. With their new HD Movie, and Television Downloads thing starting soon, you'd think they'd be offering a larger drive soon.
 
Jerome36 said:
There was a photo from an Xbox/Microsoft conference in Taiwan, or Korea (I forget which), and the guy was standing in front of a slide with a 100 gig removable 360 hard drive.
That was fake.
 
Back
Top