Xbox 360 Ethernet issues

mrurmil

Weaksauce
Hi,

I'm having issues with the ethernet conenction on my xbox 360. I have it hard wired to my network but sometimes it seems as if the network adapter on the 360 fails to come up. After booting up the 360 you can't see link LEDs go on for the port it is connected to on my switch. Even if you reboot a few times the connection won't come up. Then usually if you leave the console off for a few hours and try again the connection works.

Anyone know exactly what this is about or is experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks..

mrurmil said:
Hi,

I'm having issues with the ethernet conenction on my xbox 360. I have it hard wired to my network but sometimes it seems as if the network adapter on the 360 fails to come up. After booting up the 360 you can't see link LEDs go on for the port it is connected to on my switch. Even if you reboot a few times the connection won't come up. Then usually if you leave the console off for a few hours and try again the connection works.

Anyone know exactly what this is about or is experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks..

When you have this problem, try going to the Network Settings on the System blade of the 360 dash, and run an Xbox Live Test Connection. That might give you more insight into what is failing.

I've done that before, it fails at the first step saying that it's not connected :\

mrurmil said:
I've done that before, it fails at the first step saying that it's not connected :\

Have you tried a different cable or a different port on your switch? Or do you have some other device, like a PC or a Laptop that you can try on the cable you use for your Xbox360? Try to isolate where the problem is, either in your 360 or your network. So for example, if you have a laptop, when you experience this problem on your 360 try unplugging the cable from the 360 and connecting it to your laptop and see if you can get on the network. If not, the problem is external to your 360. If it works, and then plugging the cable back into the 360 doesn't work, the problem is likely a flaky network adapter on the 360.

Back