Xbox 360 Elite Spy Pics

HardOCP News

[H] News
A Chinese website happened to get a few spy pictures of the upcoming Xbox 360 Elite (120GB, HDMI, Black) consoles. The site is taking a long time to load at the moment so I grabbed this shot just in case.

Looks better this way, IMO. Kinda reminds me of a Dell 4600C for some reason.

Just bring on the 120GB HD baby!!! I can get my own black case, etc. etc. The new black controllers will be nice too.

I could care less about the "Elite" model.

The only thing that is good about it is once they are sold out the Premiums get 120GB Hdd's and HDMI.

But I am really waiting for the limited edition H3 Xbox 360 for myself.

The only bad part about the OMFGWTF Elite W00T version is when they sell out. All those poor people that paid extra for the black 360 will be forever stuck buying white accessories. Yes, replacement chassis are an option but they invalidate the warranty. Furthermore, they aren’t as good as the original…

I would love to have a black unit myself, but I don’t want to be stuck with a black console and a hodgepodge of white/light grey accessories. IMHO, they shoulda’ released the unit it both white and black in the beginning. Unfortunately, the AppleFad was strong at the time…

we need to steal some of their emoticons.

i think it should be a darker black, even if it isnt gloss, they could have used a semigloss like alot of av components. would look a lot more "elite" as well.

<ms employee> Guys relax those are just regular xbox 360's. The black paint you see is simply the primer, it's being prepared to go into the paint booth in those racks to be painted white.
And that 120GBHDD you see... some stubborn employee just eteched a 1 in front of the 20. He was shot and killed at the end of the day...

;)

The only thing I want to know about the Elite unit is how fast it will give you de 3rl sign of death.

I predict this in my home theatre setup when it comes out ;)

This is what i've been waiting for, HDMI and Black... hells yeah

I see the black color as being an option after the "Elite" units are sold out.

We know that HDMI is coming for sure to the Xbox
We know that 120GB hard drives exist for sure and will be sold as an accessory

I think that the black color will prove to be extremely popular and eventually become an option. It will certainly fit in with your other A/V components much better than the white.

I'm kind of at odds with this New elite box... I just got a 360 for xmas, so i'm kind of put-off by the fact that I bought one (not an 'early' adopter).

But on the other hand, the HDD is going to be available seperate
my HDTVs are only 1080i, so component is fine for now...

and black is like.. SOOOO 2001 for a/v components. silver is where it's at guys.
(spying the chrome-out 360 kit)

I'm kind of at odds with this New elite box... I just got a 360 for xmas, so i'm kind of put-off by the fact that I bought one (not an 'early' adopter).

and black is like.. SOOOO 2001 for a/v components. silver is where it's at guys.

Once you go black you can never go back ;) lol

black is like.. SOOOO 2001 for a/v components. silver is where it's at guys.

Yeah, the chrome unit looks niiiiiccee.

The 120GB HDD is what I am after, I store a lot of TV content from the Marketplace on it and I think my personal 360 is at 2GB left right now. That added 100GB of space is going to be a godsend.

I agree with this statement, Black is out IMO, I love the white 360 and i hope they make a white version for people who dont wanna void the waranty. Meh, ill buy it throw out the black case and head over to a machine shop and make myself an aluminum one :p

<ms employee> Guys relax those are just regular xbox 360's. The black paint you see is simply the primer, it's being prepared to go into the paint booth in those racks to be painted white.
And that 120GBHDD you see... some stubborn employee just eteched a 1 in front of the 20. He was shot and killed at the end of the day...
U liar!:mad: There's no way during the manufacturing process that a unit will be fully assembled and then painted. The shell is allways painted first before the unit it put together for final assembly.

Just bring on the 120GB HD baby!!! I can get my own black case, etc. etc. The new black controllers will be nice too.

Agreed, I can't wait for the bigger drive. Though how will we be able to transfer over all our data from the old 20gb drive?

Back