Xbox 360 Elite Official

I wish it came with an HD-DVD player.

If it did... I'd pay the extra money for it (ie: its price plus about $200)

I know I can still add one, but I don't want to
have an EXTRA drive to have to attach to it. (extra space, etc.)

If Microsoft wanted to slam dunk Sony, they could have released this elite with a HDDVD and a Blueray combo drive. Sure they will be helping the competition, however, they will also be soaking up PS3 sales :)

But Sony would want a crazy percentage for royalties that Microsoft would never agree to.

Or they could <cough> reverse engineer <cough> it. :D

G'ßöö;1030838681 said:
couldn't agree more as I bought the ps3 primarily for the BD and would have appreciated the choice to pick between the two. will prob get a HD player anyway

I'm surised that no one has hacked the HDDVD into the current Xbox 360 housing... it seems do-able.

"Haha. Eat it, Sony. Twice the hard drive capacity for $111 less.

No Blu-Ray, but who cares."

So you're lauding that MS has a larger hard drive capacity yet how much is the HD DVD drive that's white that you'll pair with your BLACK Elite that will be no big deal as very soon all Premium 360 models will have 120GB and HDMI? Who was supposed to be eating something? Was it Sony or you? :D

Easy way for MS to make a few quick bucks and make the transition to new premium models. Smart way to seem like they're doing something for the community when this is all about them.

Back