Xbox 360 - Downloaded games question/more than one account needed?

Bob002

Gawd
We got my son an xbox for Christmas 2 years ago. All was fine and well.

couple months ago, he traded a friend for another (I don't know how it worked, but whatever).

He gave it to his sister.

She is asking to buy the digital version of Minecraft. I'm worried that I'm going to end up wasting 20 because it isn't going to work like she wants it to. Aside from setting up another LIVE accoutn and doing it that way, will just buying Minecraft on the current work just fine, or am I looking at issues?

Digital purchases are tied to the account that makes the purchase and can be played by that person on any Xbox and can be played by others on the Xbox it was purchased on.if you get a new Xbox at some point you can once a year do a license transfer to a new Xbox which then makes that console look like the system the purchase was made on. But its mainly tied to the persons account. Does this make sense?

It does, and was an answer I also found. So, long story short this probably ISN'T going to work how I want it since it would be on the same LIVE account.

If you purchase the game on the 360 she is going to use anyone can play it on that system.

The purchasing account can play that game on any Xbox they log into.

Its pretty simple that's about it.

If you purchase the game on the 360 she is going to use anyone can play it on that system.

The purchasing account can play that game on any Xbox they log into.

Its pretty simple that's about it.

I just want to be sure I'm not wasting $20 because it won't work like my kids think it will. They just swap back and forth on the LIVE account as it is. Didn't know if it was tied to the Xbox or the LIVE account.

I just want to be sure I'm not wasting $20 because it won't work like my kids think it will. They just swap back and forth on the LIVE account as it is. Didn't know if it was tied to the Xbox or the LIVE account.

No problem
Tied to live account forever and tied to purchase console unless you transfer purchases to another console , you can do that only once per year

No problem
Tied to live account forever and tied to purchase console unless you transfer purchases to another console , you can do that only once per year

Since it's tied to the console, I might be okay then? This ish is confusing sometimes. It's a rare/unique case, though.

Back