Xbox 360 Controller Woes

ryno9100

Limp Gawd
So, I've been playing MH:W lately, and my xbox controller has been treating me grandly. Up until tonight. I plug in the controller, and suddenly the A button doesn't work. After some testing, I realize that I can hit the A button once if I alt tab from my game and back in, but after the one press, it stops working again. This is consistent across any game I try on this controller. It's an odd issue that googling has done nothing to solve. Any ideas?

If it anything like my xbox one controller there is some really junk plastic pieces that like to snap off on the insides. Have you tried the controller wizard thing int he control panel to test the buttons outside of a game?

test it like suggested ^ and maybe try rolling back the driver via device manager.

If it anything like my xbox one controller there is some really junk plastic pieces that like to snap off on the insides. Have you tried the controller wizard thing int he control panel to test the buttons outside of a game?

I actually found a solution by accident. I was trying to fix an issue I have with Steam broadcast as well, so I opted into the Steam beta, then opted back out, and suddenly my controller works again. My guess is that the Steam Overlay or Big Picture mode or something was somehow interfering, but that's only an educated guess based on past Steam issues.

Oddly enough, the button wizard thing was also screwy. I'm curious about what would have happened if I exited steam, then did the button wizard.

Back