• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox 360 Controller Vibration in PC Games?

sarbz

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,319
First, I have to say I love this thing. I thought all the praise was just a bunch of f-a-n-b-o-y chatter. But after playing with the controller at Walmart, I decided to pick one up for my PC.

It works great, but I can't get any vibration from the controller. I've tried many games & demos that supposedly support it. Anyone else have any luck? Maybe I got a dud?
 
Well I can say that the fahrenheit demo definately has vibration (scared me to death a couple of times), but no I don't know about how to get the xbox 360 controller to vibrate.
 
anyone else know of any games that support vibration with the new 360 controller?
 
I bought the x360 controller for PC thinking the vibration would work in NFS:MW... boy was I wrong... thanks again microsoft...

I mean sure it's a great controller, feels comfortable etc, but at least enable rumble you twats... ughhh....
 
Turbo-Productions said:
I bought the x360 controller for PC thinking the vibration would work in NFS:MW... boy was I wrong... thanks again microsoft...

I mean sure it's a great controller, feels comfortable etc, but at least enable rumble you twats... ughhh....

Exactly! this is a great controller....but why the hell would they advertise rumble if it doesn't work with any games???? And there is a complete lack of documentation on this subject. I searched google for an hour, and came up with next to nothing.

It would be nice if someone would release a 3rd party driver that worked with it. The lack of options and support in the MS driver is pitifull. Some of the original xbox controller drivers were quite impressive. They picked up on button sensitivity and everything!
 
From what I remember reading.. it uses new technology by Microsoft. It's supposed to take advantage of XInput which was released in a recent Directx SDK.

Since no current games that I know of use Xinput, we'll just have to wait until newer games support it or perhaps a patch for older games.

There is a small blurb here about the directx features: http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/directx_9_0c.html
 
I've always wondered. How many people still care about rumble effects? I know it was cool when it first came out. But this generation on my PS2, I usually turn off rumble effects in my games as I find it annoying now.
 
xenogears said:
I've always wondered. How many people still care about rumble effects? I know it was cool when it first came out. But this generation on my PS2, I usually turn off rumble effects in my games as I find it annoying now.
The hardcore don't use rumble. It pootz yuo orf y0r sniperzing in teh Halo!!1
 
xenogears said:
I've always wondered. How many people still care about rumble effects? I know it was cool when it first came out. But this generation on my PS2, I usually turn off rumble effects in my games as I find it annoying now.

I never really cared much, but it's actually pretty cool for racing games. Kind of the feel of the road type of thing.
 
sarbz said:
I never really cared much, but it's actually pretty cool for racing games. Kind of the feel of the road type of thing.

Actually yeah, I can still see it being cool for racing games. But for games, when everytime there's an explosion the controller vibrates violently, I just find that more annoying now after so many years.
 
Back
Top