Xbox 360 Bundles In Stock At Gamestop (as Of 1240am Est, 12/8) Will ship on 12/12

I was going to order one for a bud but then it hit me that these bastards might ship all the games and accessories while not being 100% they will have a system this year for everyone who places an order.

I ordered two of the $999 bundles. Also should get 3% back with ebates and 1% back from the CC. Hopefully they'll ship on 12/12. If not I'm cancelling.

Jesus, $999 for the cheapest system, a system that's supposed to cost $299?!?! Robbery. I'd rather get a new gaming PC with that big a wad of cash.

The_X said:
Jesus, $999 for the cheapest system, a system that's supposed to cost $299?!?! Robbery. I'd rather get a new gaming PC with that big a wad of cash.

Uhhh no...did you not see all of the extra hardware, accessories, and games it come s with?

1-Year Product Replacement Plan

I wonder why, I got one and it didnt work right outta the box.

Gamestop still hasn't fulfilled my reservation (with $50.00 deposit) from 4 months ago and they are taking orders to sell systems on their site?

The fact that they would be allowed to do such thievery is bull IMO.

Korgun said:
Gamestop still hasn't fulfilled my reservation (with $50.00 deposit) from 4 months ago and they are taking orders to sell systems on their site?

From what I understood, GameStop B&M and gamestop.com are operating as two different entities.

Time2Kill said:
From what I understood, GameStop B&M and gamestop.com are operating as two different entities.

(I believe) Game Stop buys and receives X amount of consoles and ships to web site warehouses as well as B&M stores and instead of sending all their inventory to the stores to fulfill reservations they are holding their reserve money while selling consoles exclusively on their web site exclusively as bundles.

This way they lie to the customer (giving them the impression that the reservation will put them ahead in line to get their console). Keeping the reservation funds in the bank and force bundle sales to online customers who are happy they are paying ebay prices and getting lots of games & accessories. They win on all fronts and B&M reservers get the cold shoulder.

Thats why I never pre-order. You stand a VERY high chance of one of two things happening (and these are the only two ways it will go)

1. There are plenty in stock the day it comes out. They made no money off the interest from your pre-order
2. You end up waiting just as long to walk in and buy it, as most of the peopel that pre-ordered it.

Notes on these
1. If they are going to take your money early, and collect interest on it from it sitting in the bank, or whatever reason they have such a bone to get you to pay early, you should get the item cheaper, or with extras

2. I know several people that pre-orderd MONTHS ago, and are being told late february if they are lucky. I guarantee I will walk into a store and buy one by then having never pre-ordered it. Meanwhile there will still be plenty of peopel that pre-orederd it,that wont have it yet.

Korgun said:

Ditto, I have had $100 down at the local gamestop since the end of July. Still no XBOX :mad:

Yreka said:
Ditto, I have had $100 down at the local gamestop since the end of July. Still no XBOX :mad:
Isn't there some sort of agreement Gamestop signed onto that binds them to give you an Xbox once it comes out? There's something not right with that. What's the small print say? :p If I were you I'd walk right up to Gamestop and question those teenage gaming freaks.

jesusfr3ak4evr said:
If I were you I'd walk right up to Gamestop and question those teenage gaming freaks.

I would really, really love to see that.

"Lone gamer leaves his mom's basement in an outlash against the game industry that has done him so terribly wrong."

Call me crazy but I don't think you'll have much luck seeking counsel in your righteous war against "the man."

I have a gut feeling the xbox 360 ppl are pulling the old cabbage patch kids trick. Its the trick where they intentionally make very few to artificially increase demand. Thus creating hype, increasing price, and getting themselves free advertising via news reports and such.

I mean look at the situation. Its not a good deal because its a sale. Its a 'good deal' because its available. Exactly when does that happen?

I'm quite certain there is a BestBuy shipment for the 18th of x-box 360s.

You can camp out for that.

BlackIce72 said:
I'm quite certain there is a BestBuy shipment for the 18th of x-box 360s.

You can camp out for that.

Why the 18th? Why not a tuesday like what is normally the deal with new releases?

BB will be selling them the day that their flyer sells are effective (Wednesdays?) so they don't go into the fiasco of not having advertised Xbox's like they did on launch day.

I am still thinking about getting this for my older kids (me included :) ) so any insider information on when someone, such as myself should show up to wait in line or buy one would be great!

I wouldn't be too sure if this is a better deal than ebay if you have to have one- I found some at my local walmart today. I have a feeling there will be more coming soon to retailers. Resist the urge to spend $1000 buying it bundled. :)

Just wait it out... Your wallet will thank you. This happens every christmas with some must-have product (anyone remember people selling n64's for 500+?)..

I just got off the phone with Gamestop, my xbox360 will be shipping out tomorrow morning and will be here Wednesday :cool:

umcpgrad said:
are you saying bestbuy will get them? this wed? :eek:

No im saying that when they get their shipment, they wont sell it til the day the prices on their flyers go active which I think is usually a Tuesday or Wednesday. They have a article somewhere on theinquirer.net talking about this.

I have kinda gave my sob story to several clerks at Bestbuy and they all keep saying this Sunday :( I am in a class that day, so good luck to everyone else.

jesusfr3ak4evr said:
Isn't there some sort of agreement Gamestop signed onto that binds them to give you an Xbox once it comes out? There's something not right with that. What's the small print say? :p If I were you I'd walk right up to Gamestop and question those teenage gaming freaks.

Nah, it's not that big of a deal to me, and I dont want one bad enough to camp out in front of a store. Luckily the system is for me,not an xmas present. Besides I have other PC games to keep me occupied in the meantime.

I just won't do buisness with EB/Gamestop anymore. *shrug*

Im sure they wont miss the 1-2 grand per year spent there between me, my brother, and my son, but what are you gonna do ? Laying into some poor clerk isnt going to do any good, it isnt their fault.

Nice to see that the preordering system that gamestop has sucks donkeynuts...its pretty bad when people who have preorders from the summer or eariler can't even get them, but if your willing to bend over and fork over a grand or more you can get one. :rolleyes:

I guess I might try going to best buy this sunday morning....grrr

Back