• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xbox 360 Audio

Cirdan

Weaksauce
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
75
So I'm considering buying an Xbox. My problem is, I have no idea how to handle the sound. I'll connect the Xbox to my BenQ 24" monitor through HDMI, but I'd rather not use the crappy speakers in the screen. My preference is to use a headset so the rest of the family doesn't have to hear people getting sawed in half while I play Gears 2. It will be setup next to my Macbook Pro...can I route the sound through that? Is there a good, low cost solution?
 
I'll have to find out more about the exact type of headset, but I have a friend with a wireless headset that picks up all in-game audio, plus allows you to hear/chat with other people.
As far as the HDMI, you can always just turn that audio off on the monitor itself.
I'll see if I can find out more about that headset and how it gets the audio from the 360.
 
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360hdmiavcable/

the other cord in this pack allows you to have an optical out or use the standard left/right RCA plugs, when using the HDMI. Hope that answers ur question.

I am using it so I can use my LCD monitor and my surround sound stereo :) works great.

And in reply to using the turtlebeach head phones, my brother in law brought them over the other day and they plugged right into the "adapter" through the left and right RCA plugs and it worked great.
 
Ok cool....thanks. My only problem now is to decide if it's worth buying this late into the system's life. Price drops soon? New Xbox next year? Do people still play on Live alot?
 
Live is as popular as ever. Gears 2 isn't as popular as it was last fall (obviously) but it's still one of the more popular games on Live.
I think that earforce might be the headset I'm thinking of. It certainly looked pretty similar. There might be several different kinds that do the same thing.
All I know is that it played all of the in-game audio, all of the mic audio, and it worked like a normal wireless headset.
 
I just split the outer shell to my AV cable open so it could fit at the same time as HDMI.
Optical Out....no extra cost on my part.
 
Back
Top