Xbox 360 120GB Elite $260

Good price.

Still have my launch elite running great to this day w/o a RRoD.

Nonetheless, keep in mind this is a recertified xbox 360 elite.

Allright, not to slam refurbs, I am a refurb kind of guy, my Nikon D40, ipod touch and onkyo receiver were all refurbs but buying a refurb xbox is NOT a good idea unless you want it to break 2 months after you receive it. And I'm not slamming xboxes, I own one and it did break and I had to send it in.

Couldn't you just buy a third-party warranty plan like squaretrade?

Last edited:
I definitely would if buying a refurb xbox. Isn't the elite going to be filling the $299 price point soon though?

lol I bought my 360 Refurbed a year a go soo eh. I also got warranty with square trade so the total was like $130 for me.

No way would I buy any xbox other then a jasper right now. You can buy a Jasper arcade for $199 and get a 120gb hard drive on ebay for $60-70.00 now. I had an elite from Oct 2007 that I played maybe 5-10 hours a week or less RROD on me after 18 months. I got a Jasper arcade and it runs a lot cooler and quieter. I would not waste my time with a refurb.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a way to tell whether these are Jasper or Falcon?

RROD warranty is 2 years from what I know... I have returned 4 so far since original 20GB launch, and haven't had to pay a dime for any of them.

No way would I buy any xbox other then a jasper right now. You can buy a Jasper arcade for $199 and get a 120gb hard drive on ebay for $60-70.00 now. I had an elite from Oct 2007 that I played maybe 5-10 hours a week or less RROD on me after 18 months. I got a Jasper arcade and it runs a lot cooler and quieter. I would not waste my time with a refurb.

What he said

Actually, dell had arcades for $180 with shipping/taxes recently not sure if its still going on.

All the other stuff, hdmi etc, you can get cheaper elsewhere.

This.

I bought an xbox one year after launch and the only game I had for it was Forza 2, played maybe 5 hours a week and I got the RROD after several months.:mad:

This.

I bought an xbox one year after launch and the only game I had for it was Forza 2, played maybe 5 hours a week and I got the RROD after several months.:mad:

Sounds like you did not press the power button correctly:D

Back