XBox 2 to be internet capapble with PCs? Cool...

TrueBuckeye

Most valuable "member"
I think this is still in the rumor mill, but it sure is cool as hell.

MICROSOFT HAS now confirmed that its Xbox 2 peripherals will be compatible with the PC, and that PC gamers will, come Longhorn, be able to game on Xbox live against Xbox 2 owners.

It probably isn't a rumor because that was one of the points behind XNA.

http://www.microsoft.com/xna/

On the input front, as part of XNA, Microsoft will develop a common controller interface and unify input APIs and button standards across multiple platforms. The result will be a family of common controllers for Windows and Xbox game players. In addition, the move will fuel a whole new wave of compelling, cross-platform input devices from peripheral manufacturers.

Interesting. I wonder what games will take advantage of this? I predict alot of cheaters on he PC side. ;) Also I like that controller idea, so we may finally be able to use a keyboard and mouse. Also this makes me think there creating a way for there to be stand-alone servers that you dont need a X-Box for. Nice!

good news for me, i'm much better at fps games on my pc than my xbox

That better mean there will be a mouse and keyboard for xbox 2 otherwise the people with the controllers will get owned.

that sounds sweet, maybe we can now finally see whos beter, pc or console gamers (wasnt that obvious??)

pc gamers would win with ease, could you imagine playng counter strike with a controller :eek: or any other fps

Well the controllers will no doubt work on PC, It is pretty safe to say that they will be officially be supported on PC too (no more crappy drivers like we have now). But gaming with them, I don't know about that. PC gamers will need a Live account.

Back