• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XBMC

Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
813
So what are the benefits to using XBMC as opposed to just using WIndows Media Player or other Meida players. I currently have my HTPC plugged into my TV via HDMI and so I just open movies using WMP and it works just fine. I keep all my stuff really really organized, including Album covers and DVD/Bluray Covers, so everything looks nice and neat in the folders. So what makes XBMC a better choice then doing it the way I do. What makes it special.

I also use my Xbox360 and PS3 (just depends on which controller is closer to me at the time lol) as a media Hub in my room, since my HTPC is hooked up to the TV downstairs. And I dont wanna have to run a HDMI cable from my PC in my Room to my TV, since they are on opposite sides of the room.
 
For me it's all about presentation. XBMC with the Aeon Nox them just looks sweet.
 
Well, for me, it's needed. I'm running mine on a RaspberryPi. But, when I did have a PC hooked up to my TV I was running XBMC on mine because I didn't want to shell out the money for Windows, so I was running Linux on mine.
 
I just love open source software and XBMC is really nice when setup well, very feature filed, lacks somethings that windows may have but over all its great, and thats changing fast.
 
Back
Top