XBMC w/ Aeon

vischo

Gawd
I just saw some screenshots of XBMC with the Aeon theme applied...... WOW!

I am trying to install and configure now and I am struggling, does anyone have any guides/info on how to get my media in each library. [Everything is shared out from \\server\tv, \\server\music, \\server\dvd]

I am using my main PC to test and I am having weird UI issues where I can't add sources.

http://www.aeonproject.com/index.html
http://xbmc.org/

Looks awesome, I actually have XBMC on my xbox and I'll try it out, component output to a 42" 720p DLP looks amazing (well the menu's do... hah), especially since an original xbox isn't worth much and can still play SD movies/rips fine.

Just found this out myself today as well. I may have to give this one a shot as my media center.

Ugh, adding in shares is a bitch. Try every iteration you can think of of forward slashes, backslashes, etc. I have to guess every single time I set the silly thing up. Sound like I don't like the program? Well, I do, but whoever wrote the smb sharing interface should really, and I mean REALLY rethink how they did it.

Ugh, adding in shares is a bitch. Try every iteration you can think of of forward slashes, backslashes, etc. I have to guess every single time I set the silly thing up. Sound like I don't like the program? Well, I do, but whoever wrote the smb sharing interface should really, and I mean REALLY rethink how they did it.
I tried out XBMC OSX and had the exact same problem. It was irrating but what little functionality the app had other then video playback was nice and impressive but without a solid smb interface it's of no use to me.

There should be an option when adding Sources called Network (for Windows at least). You just select that, and it should list computers connected to your Workgroup.

Yea, I setup networking sharing pretty much instantly.

The another part I like is XBMC installed on the xbox can mount iso's

well I am running an old version of XBMC... 1.1.0
I tried newer ones but have always reverted back.... just for the ease of I have this one up and running... love it... however... im going to get rid of my xbox once I get my dell 4600c in the entertainment center...

I will have to try this xbmc now.... urgggghhh the headaches that it brings.. :D

I managed to add sources. Just typing in the boxes worked, but you had to also "Add" and not type anything.

But I don't get any metadata, on Movies or TV Shows.

Back