Xbit Labs - Hacked?

Clockworks

Supreme [H]ardness
What hapenned? I was going to check a few reviews on the site and then bam! This showed up:

antishare.jpg

What bad people, ruining a good site for all of us to show off their "l337 5ki11z".

well, shit happens.. i dont think its showing off, but rather, helping to close a hole... in style, lol.
the site will be back within a few hours, and the host will be getting some phone calls from xbit i'm sure as well..

One more reason to do backups often. Last time one of my servers got hacked, I was kinda lucky I had a backup from 3 days earlier. FYI ALLWAYS do backups before the holidays! What else do ya think the kiddies do when they are not in school. Come to think about it, last 2 times my machines were heavily attacked they were both at Christmas time. (But only the 2nd time did they get anywhere... blame phpbb for that tho. Their kiddie tools got stuck under the apache process so no real damage to me.)

8 hours later and its back to "normal". While not exactly blowing my skirt up, I've seen sites go down for days from similar attacks, so its not as bad as it could have been. I wonder if they've gotten the site patched and updated yet, or merely restored it?

my site was recently hacked due to a non-patched forum software.. *yeah yeah sue me*

i thought the backups ihad were good.. turned out they weren't.. i had to start over..

i made DAMNED sure the new backup system worked and was doublely redundent

i now keep 10 days worth of backups.

Back