Xai lifting problems, anyone else getting this?

Rodrigo

n00b
Hi, I just got a Xai laser mouse which seems to be working reasonably well.

However, when I lift the mouse (for example when I'm nearing the edge of the mouse pad or just when I want to bring it back to a comfortable position), the mouse pointer, or the aim if i'm playing an FPS, moves up by a great deal, over 50 pixels at high CPI settings. I think it's possible that it's just that I'm using really high CPI settings and no mouse acceleration, however I'm still not fully convinced.

IT should be noted I'm using a Steelseries 4HD pad, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I've read a bunch of reviews but noone has mentioned anything like this. However, I Also have a CM Storm Inferno which also does something similar, so I'm wondering if this is common in laser mouses or if I'm just really unlucky.

Anyone else has one that could tell me if they're having the same problem?

I had problems with my Xai and Artisan KAI.G3 Hien mousepad, the lift-off distance was way too high so I needed to lift it like 5-6 mm before it stopped reading, and I kinda tend to lean the mouse backwards when lifting it so it did move the cursor a bit upwards when lifting it... not sure if this is your problem though

My lift-off is not bad at all, there is a slight movement when picking up my Xai but not much IMO. It may be your settings and then again it could just be faulty. I have only had the one Xai so I do not have one to compare it to.

Not sure if it will help but my settings are as follows (note: 1920x1080 @ 23" viewable monitor)

ExactSense:
CPI1 (LED off) 440
CPI2 (LED on) 870

ExactRate: 960
FreeMove: 0
ExactAim: 0
ExactAccel: 0

Liftoff distance is surface-dependent too. Try a different surface and see what happens.

my razer lachesis sometimes doesnt recognize ive lifted it, but the problem comes and goes. sometimes id have to replug it and itd be normal (for the time being).

Back