x86 based firewall/router that supports load balancing?

I recently developed an interest in exploring this, and unfortunatly, m0n0wall, my curent system, does not support and form of link agregation, or load balancing. So I went hunting for another solution. Smoothwall is probably out, as the free version loses quite a few features (I may or may not use them or even know how to, but it would bother me at the least, and be very inconvenient at worst). IPCop I guess is still an option, anyone have any experience with it versus m0n0wall, which I have really come to like? Have I missed any firewall distributions worth looking into?

My university gives us as many adresses (all external!) as we have computers, but then chokes them to 1mb/1mb, so not only would this be a fun project it would double my bandwidth :)

And it is even based on m0n0wall. I will try it out. Too bad it does nto dynamically load balance.

Nothing will 'dynamically load balance' on a NAT device. Anything that claims to do so does it in a really crappy way and will give you inconsistent access.

IP was never meant to be load balanced on a NAT device.

shadowwyvern said:
I recently developed an interest in exploring this, and unfortunatly, m0n0wall, my curent system, does not support and form of link agregation, or load balancing. So I went hunting for another solution. Smoothwall is probably out, as the free version loses quite a few features (I may or may not use them or even know how to, but it would bother me at the least, and be very inconvenient at worst). IPCop I guess is still an option, anyone have any experience with it versus m0n0wall, which I have really come to like? Have I missed any firewall distributions worth looking into?

My university gives us as many adresses (all external!) as we have computers, but then chokes them to 1mb/1mb, so not only would this be a fun project it would double my bandwidth :)
These might interest you... -> http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/300 and http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/117

pfSense does it, and being a fork of m0n0wall it acts very similiar to what you already know.

Back