• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X850XTPE/Quake 4 Res question

Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
2,042
Okay I am not sure how to put this exactly. I am getting good preformance from my card in Quake 4 and I did the config chages to make it run at 1680x1050 to fit my Dell 2005fpw.

My question is what is the next resolution down from 1680x1050 that will keep everything in proper scale? I just want to see what it would look like in a lower res but keep it at the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Also could anyone tell me what the next few resolutions are both above and below 1680x1050?

This is basically a math question, but since I have to type the numbers in manually in the config file, and suck at math I would rather have someone else do it. :D
 
ninethreeeleven said:
Okay I am not sure how to put this exactly. I am getting good preformance from my card in Quake 4 and I did the config chages to make it run at 1680x1050 to fit my Dell 2005fpw.

My question is what is the next resolution down from 1680x1050 that will keep everything in proper scale? I just want to see what it would look like in a lower res but keep it at the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Also could anyone tell me what the next few resolutions are both above and below 1680x1050?

This is basically a math question, but since I have to type the numbers in manually in the config file, and suck at math I would rather have someone else do it. :D

1680x1050 is a non-standard proportion. It is not, inherintly, 16x9 or 4x3 ratio.

It is 16x10, which is why things aren't "right" ..

You can punch any numbers in you want, and multiply them times 16 and 10 respectively.. - then find a resolution your game, video card, and monitor support in that list.

I don't know what resolutions are supported by the monitor (or hell, for that matter, quake4, as I haven't played around with it yet.

but the math is quite simple.

find a resolution .. (say.. 1680 x 1050) and see if 16 divided into 1680 gives the same result at 10 divided into 1050.


(in this case, they both equal 105)

1600x1200 [if it supported it], for example would give

1600 / 16 = 100
1200 / 10 = 120

a disparate result, which will skew your image.

You could just keep adding 16 to the first column, and 10 to the second column, to find resolutions that you support

800x500 for example, is 16:10 ratio.

1600x1000 is obviously 16:10

1120x700
1200x750
1360x850



It would be best to list what resolutions your 3 factors actually support.


/edit

apparently, your card supports 1440x900 which is a 16:10 resolution.


Full list of supposed resolutions.. upto 1600x1200
Code:
800x600  = 4:3
1024x768 = 4:3
1152x864 = 4:3
1280x720 = 16:9
1280*768 = 5:3 ? 5 to 3 ratio? What is it, and index card?
1280*960 = 4:3
1280*1024 = 5x4

1360*768  = "almost" 16:9 (1360x765 is actually 16:9)

1360*1024 = "almost" 4:3  (1360x1020 is actual 4:3)

1440x900  = 16:10

1600x1200 = 4:3
 
1280x800

that is the next step down for 16:10 that is usually included in some games
 
Back
Top