X850XT vs X850XT PE

foxnews

Limp Gawd
Get the PE if its cheaper. Also sapphire is a reputable brand to buy from. Strange there is no review but the card is absolutely fine.

You left out that the PE also has VIVO but other than than that and the clock speeds its the same card. cooler is loud but works good(when reseated with artic silver 5)
Had the xt in apg and it was a nice card(still have it, just in the #2 box:D )

if the PE is cheaper and better, why in the world no one buys it and there is no review on newegg?
is there a manufacturing defect of some kind?

The card is absolutely fine. Sapphire/ATi and PowerColor are one of the best builders to buy from ATi side. Your card will be fine.

The PE is simply a higher-clocked version of the XT, so it's basically the same card. Definitely go for the PE since it's cheaper. Faster speeds+lower price = win-win situation.

Is there anyone actually have this PE card? if you do, what do you think of it. is there any issues?

As I said, it's simply a factory-overclocked XT. There are no issues aside from the usual occasional bad card.

i had the same question a while ago but went with the xt, was in my secondary pc and after rebate was only 95 dollars :) in your case get the PE

luke51087 said:
i had the same question a while ago but went with the xt, was in my secondary pc and after rebate was only 95 dollars :) in your case get the PE

Yeah, I saw that rebate yesterday but it was expired today.

one concern I have is the loud noice level. Can I used software to control it to low noice level?

foxnews said:
Yeah, I saw that rebate yesterday but it was expired today.

one concern I have is the loud noice level. Can I used software to control it to low noice level?

Yeah, you can use ATItool to control fan speeds. I never really noticed the fan too much, but I do have big ol' air filter in my room that drowns out pretty much all of the sound coming out of my computer... have to keep it for my lungs though. :( The fan on the X850XT PE for sure is REALLY loud when you first start up your computer, but then goes back down after about four seconds. You shouldn't ever hear it get this loud during normal operation.

Wow, this is exactly the price range I was looking at and I just may get this card!

It was between the newegg X800GTO($90) and 7600GT ($140) for me. Obviously the 7600GT was better but the price was a little too much for me.

When I first saw that PE I liked the price ($120) but figured why not get the 7600GT in that case since it is not too much more. Well I checked out Tom's VGA charts and to my surprise the X850 dusts the 7600GT in benchmarks to boot!

There are some issues I'm worried about now though with the PE, like power consumption, fan noise, and lack of SM 3.0.

It's amazing how bad ATI fucked up by TMU limiting their cards this gen, such as that all the best low budget ATI deals are still last gen cards. I also compared that X800GTO to a X1600 pro, even though they are same price and die size, and both are 12 pixel shader pipeline cards, and the X1600 is clocked much higher too boot, the old X800GTO dusts the X1600 Pro. That's just sad ATI.

Back