• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X850xt Platinum PCI-E Availabilty

mastephens

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
250
At Christmas I was given money to build a computer and I decided to get the ATI X850xt Platinum PCI-E. I found it on December 30, 2004 on Buy.com for $465 and I ordered it then. It has now been 5 months and it is still on backorder. Does anyone know what is going on? It seems that everyone else is having the same problems. My replacement card is a PCI 4mb 3D-Rage. Needless to say it sucks.
 
mastephens said:
At Christmas I was given money to build a computer and I decided to get the ATI X850xt Platinum PCI-E. I found it on December 30, 2004 on Buy.com for $465 and I ordered it then. It has now been 5 months and it is still on backorder. Does anyone know what is going on? It seems that everyone else is having the same problems. My replacement card is a PCI 4mb 3D-Rage. Needless to say it sucks.


Wow 5 months.. How Long are you planning to wait? I say just cancel your order. Look around, I got a X850 XT PE PCIe new from ebay about 2 months ago for around 480.. ;)
 
yeah, x850xtpe are more readily available then the x800xtpe's, you should be able to find one online for around that price
 
They stock them at Comp USA. You can't get much more available than that. Though the pricing is higher than $469.99. Which BTW that price is below MSRP.
 
one more thing, if you waited this long, you might as well cancel your order and see what's going to come out later this summer. if you want to stay w/ the x850xt pe then again wait, you will save a few bucks when the new cards come out and the x850xt pe drops down in price, but that may or may not happen I guess it will all depend on how popular ati crossfire becomes then the x850xt pe might then go up in price...oh well who knows
 
cancel your order and get the x850xt .. not much of a difference between them .. plus you can always flash the bios or overclock
 
yang88she said:
one more thing, if you waited this long, you might as well cancel your order and see what's going to come out later this summer. if you want to stay w/ the x850xt pe then again wait, you will save a few bucks when the new cards come out and the x850xt pe drops down in price, but that may or may not happen I guess it will all depend on how popular ati crossfire becomes then the x850xt pe might then go up in price...oh well who knows

Considering the new cards haven't been officially announced, and considering their lack of ability to bring anything to market in a timely fashion, I'd say don't worry about it. Buy now, enjoy it for close to a year or more than that. Upgrade later on.

If you always wait for whatever is comming down the pipe you'll never buy anything. Theres always something bigger and better around the corner.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
They stock them at Comp USA. You can't get much more available than that.

wrong.

I'm a VERY frequent shopper at Comp USA and I have NEVER seen the X850 XT PE (in PCIe flavor) in their stores nor have I ever seen the PE version on their website.

yes, they always have had the XT but not the PE model.
 
Funny they have em in the Comp usa here. Also saw some at the Plano, TX Fry;s this weekend on sale.

But I MUST be wrong since your local Comp USA doesn't have them..... :rolleyes:
 
hmm unless your willing to spend 630 new egg doesn't have any pci express versions

I'll go check monarch and zipzoomfly

edit: I couldn't find anything for a price anywhere near the agp version
 
Prism123 said:
hmm unless your willing to spend 630 new egg doesn't have any pci express versions

I'll go check monarch and zipzoomfly

edit: I couldn't find anything for a price anywhere near the agp version

my x850 xt pe does 650/620 on air and 620/620 on air for gamming.

I just got this card from ati today


the last 2 x850 xt pe that i used to own couldnt go above 576/580 on the core. The mem usually stays about the same 600/620.
I think i got a new gpu core or something its crazy,
temps stay at 55c-60c at 640/620
 
gsboriqua said:
Funny they have em in the Comp usa here. Also saw some at the Plano, TX Fry;s this weekend on sale.

But I MUST be wrong since your local Comp USA doesn't have them..... :rolleyes:

well, lets see here.

1. I have three local Comp USA stores all within a 25 square mile radius and NONE of them have ever seen an X850 XT PE PCIe card in their stores.

2. I have yet to see the X850 XT PE PCIe card on Comp USA's website.

-that being that, I'm still going to stick to my original post above.

so I suggest that you stop rolling your eyes before they fall out of their sockets.

or better yet, why dont you give me a link to Comp USA's site that shows they even carry the PCIe version of the X850 XT PE card at all.

that'll really prove how much of a "know it all" you really are.
 
ozziegn said:
wrong.

I'm a VERY frequent shopper at Comp USA and I have NEVER seen the X850 XT PE (in PCIe flavor) in their stores nor have I ever seen the PE version on their website.

yes, they always have had the XT but not the PE model.

You're right, it is the X850XT model. Not the X850XT PE. However, if I were to be buying one, I'd forget about the Rage Theatre chip and go with the XT model if it was cheaper and available. The 20MHz core clock can be done by myself. I don't need the PE's BIOS to do that.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
You're right, it is the X850XT model. Not the X850XT PE.

I knew I was right because I've been through this same 'ole thing many, many times now where people tell me something like,

"no man! you're wrong! my Comp USA does have the X850 XT PE PCIe in stock, blah, blah, blah....."

and then, 15 minutes later, they reply again with something like,

"oooops! my bad. I was thinking about the AGP card and not the PCIe version."

-again, I've been through this debate with more than one person in the past.
 
ozziegn said:
I knew I was right because I've been through this same 'ole thing many, many times now where people tell me something like,

"no man! you're wrong! my Comp USA does have the X850 XT PE PCIe in stock, blah, blah, blah....."

and then, 15 minutes later, they reply again with something like,

"oooops! my bad. I was thinking about the AGP card and not the PCIe version."

-again, I've been through this debate with more than one person in the past.

I work at one part time and I thought I had seen them on the shelves. Since I work in the tech shop I don't get out to the retail floor too much. Today however, I looked for them and sure enough, the system doesn't have them listed.
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
Today however, I looked for them and sure enough, the system doesn't have them listed.

I have NEVER seen the X850 XT PE PCIe card on Comp USA's site.

and thats saying alot seeing since I pretty much visit their site almost every day "hoping" they will have something new and in stock so I can have something new to play with. :p
 
ozziegn said:
well, lets see here.

1. I have three local Comp USA stores all within a 25 square mile radius and NONE of them have ever seen an X850 XT PE PCIe card in their stores.

2. I have yet to see the X850 XT PE PCIe card on Comp USA's website.

-that being that, I'm still going to stick to my original post above.

so I suggest that you stop rolling your eyes before they fall out of their sockets.

or better yet, why dont you give me a link to Comp USA's site that shows they even carry the PCIe version of the X850 XT PE card at all.

that'll really prove how much of a "know it all" you really are.


I stopped by CUSA on my way home from work and did realize you are correct. It wasn't the PE model on the shelf. I skirted over to Fry's to see what they had and they did have the PE in stock ($549).

I apologize for rolling my eyes. I normally don't make any comments or gestures on forums (pointless really), but I do find you annoying.
 
gsboriqua said:
but I do find you annoying.

and I found you wrong so I guess were even.

....... and did realize you are correct.

gee, imagine that. :p

as I said above, I've had this same disagreement with several others on this forum as well.

they try telling me that Comp USA sells that card when they dont and they never have.
 
ozziegn said:
I have NEVER seen the X850 XT PE PCIe card on Comp USA's site.

and thats saying alot seeing since I pretty much visit their site almost every day "hoping" they will have something new and in stock so I can have something new to play with. :p

No but they do have the Visiontek X850XT 256MB PCI-Express. I've installed a few of them in customer machines and they are exactly like the reference design.
 
Back
Top