Ok so I am bulding a computer and I was wonderin if I should wait until January and get the X850XT-PE and get a PCIe mobo for christmas or just go ahead and get an X800XT.
i wouldn't say marginal .... the speed is more and the cooling is better ... so u will get better performance ... unless u wanna switch it for the silencer
The bottom line is we don't know if it's marginal or not, since nobody has seen the reviews. My guess is that it's marginal. But nobody knows except those under NDA.
I'd just get one of the HIS Ice-Q versions of the x800 if you want a better-than-stock cooler. For all we know the x850 will be vaporware just like the x800 XT-PE still is.
wtf are u talkin about 440/580 ... do u mean 540 / 580 ...
if that's the case .. then go with the xt-pe agp version if u want agp ... i can get it to 550/585 right now ..
but i would seriously suggest that u wait till xmas .. get urself the pci-e version and get pci-e board .. preferably a nforce4 when they come out .. and an amd 64 .. u wont regret it