x850xt locking up... ?

KatoKal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
475
Alright, so here's a question...
I have all the latest drivers and updates for my box (SN25P) and everything for my X850XT from Sapphire. I even modded it with the Zalman VF700... now the question...

Why the heck is my comp locking up when I play CS:Source? I can play other games with no errors, but as soon as I get into CS:Source, play for a bit, and exit. My comp locks up, and shuts off? What gives?
 
It's a possibility the Zalman isn't... and the card is PCI-Express. Well I just defragged because I hadn't done that since I installed windows last week, and I have been loading a lot of programs. Maybe that will help solve the problems. I had about 90% of the drive in the red... not good lol.
 
May be the program? I haven't experienced a single problem with my machine, as far as locking up goes, until I was playing HL2 deathmatch yesterday. I got the screeching hard lock up, had to reset the comp to get it back. Not one single issue with the HL2 Single player, ut2k4, Far cry, Painkiller, etc. I have to suspect the program here. Just my two cents.
 
Yeah same deal for me, doesn't matter what other game I play, HL2, FarCry, Doom3, Quake III, UT2K4, whatever! Maybe possible driver clashing?
 
Probably just Source Engine glitches. Source Engine games are known for stuttering and crashing.
 
Ugh, that's crappy... maybe I should switch to the Omega Drivers, anyone use them yet?
 
Back
Top