X850XT cooling

banGerprawN

[H]ard|Gawd
well, fortunately, i managed to get my hands on an x850xtpe for a decent price ($720 australian, no idea what that is american, but anywhoo).
the thing i want to know is, for when my card gets here, whats the mounting holes on the board like?
ive got a waterchill kit with a vga block, and im scared now that ive ordered the card that the holes on it are not classed as "standard" and i wont be able to fit my block.
i cant find any threads/reviews on the card where someone has swapped out the stock cooler for a watercooling kit.
i imagine that it does have standard holes, but i honestly have no idea. im hoping that ill get some feedback in time so that if it doesnt have the holes, ill just cancel and get an x800xl, coz i know that has the hole spacings that i need.
well, any help is good. Thanks.

X850XTPEs 2 mounting holes are the same as x800s. I use Swiftech MCW-50 without problem.....
mvc841f8dj.jpg

Tripp17 said:
thats not a "decent" price............lol

lol. yeah, we get the short end of the stick in Oz. i thought it would be cheaper as we live next to the chinese sweatshops the stuff is made in, but apparently not....

the voltmod is definitely happening, dont worry about that.
and thanks for the replies. especially the pic of your card, centvalny.

banGerprawN said:
lol. yeah, we get the short end of the stick in Oz. i thought it would be cheaper as we live next to the chinese sweatshops the stuff is made in, but apparently not....

the voltmod is definitely happening, dont worry about that.
and thanks for the replies. especially the pic of your card, centvalny.

That is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!, I just got my X850XT (not the PE version) for $399 USD and I already verified that it will overclock to PE speeds with no problem too.

well let's not forget that he lives in Aussie, where prices are crazy inflated

yeah I would suggest the swifty, the maze 4 is a no go on the x850's as it will not allow you to put good ramsinks on

I'm using a modded swifty, i'll post a pick of it next week, once I get it back from viper john =P

Back