I just got a Connect3d X850 XT Platinum Edition PCIe.
I replaced an X800XL card for this new one.
Immediately upon switching and after about 5 minutes in WoW, I got the Catalyst Control Center message alert about the card reaching an excessive temperature.
I looked, and it was operating @ 82 degrees Celsius.
So I setup ATITools, because I couldn't find the fan controls in the CCC. I setup temperature monitoring, change fan settings to run @ 100% if above 60 degrees Celsius, and setup a log.
Although it didn't appear that I was experiencing any in game issues or system lockups, I still noticed that it was running hot. Checking the log, it showed max Temp of 86 degrees Celsius in game. Outside of game and in normal 2D operations it runs @ 53 degrees Celsius.
I called ATI and they said I shouldn't have to worry as their cards should normally hit 100 degrees Celsius. I'm not convinced.
Anyone else?
I can still get a replacement from Tiger Direct but don't want to get a replacement and have the same issues or worse.
I replaced an X800XL card for this new one.
Immediately upon switching and after about 5 minutes in WoW, I got the Catalyst Control Center message alert about the card reaching an excessive temperature.
I looked, and it was operating @ 82 degrees Celsius.
So I setup ATITools, because I couldn't find the fan controls in the CCC. I setup temperature monitoring, change fan settings to run @ 100% if above 60 degrees Celsius, and setup a log.
Although it didn't appear that I was experiencing any in game issues or system lockups, I still noticed that it was running hot. Checking the log, it showed max Temp of 86 degrees Celsius in game. Outside of game and in normal 2D operations it runs @ 53 degrees Celsius.
I called ATI and they said I shouldn't have to worry as their cards should normally hit 100 degrees Celsius. I'm not convinced.
Anyone else?
I can still get a replacement from Tiger Direct but don't want to get a replacement and have the same issues or worse.