• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X850 XT PE equal

Mr.Pickles

Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
879
I am looking at the X850 XT PEs equal in the X1k series. I also don't trust toms hardware's VGA charts because they don't have every card.
 
Read through this review and draw your own conclusions:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/474/1/

If I was looking to replace said card I'd buy a X1950Pro 512mb, or perhaps a X1950XT.

X1950Pro 512mb for 164usd with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102075

X1950XT 512mb for 229usd with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102082

Powercolor X1950XT 512mb version with a more quiet cooler for 259usd:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131047

An example of why I'd go with a card with 512mb ram or greater.

sam4xqe3.gif
 
I am really not looking for a great increase of performance just equal in my OP I am not looking to spend a who lot I just want a card that is the equal in the X1k series in performance and thats it because this machine is going to passed to another person and upgrades can be done later...
 
Get Palit 7600gs with ddr3 or galaxy Zalman edition with ddr3 they will overclock well above 7600gt levels which should be more or less same as 850xt.
 
I am really not looking for a great increase of performance just equal in my OP I am not looking to spend a who lot I just want a card that is the equal in the X1k series in performance and thats it because this machine is going to passed to another person and upgrades can be done later...

an x1900gt is a good bit faster than an x850xt, and they can be had for around $120 when newegg isn't raping prices.

other than that..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102068
 
Back
Top