X850 pro to X850 XT problems...

starsfan7

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I am trying to unlock the other 4 pipes for a friend of mine. He has the PCI-x VIVO version of the X850 pro. When I flash the bios to the XT, or XT PE, it recognizes it as such, but the other 4 pipes are never unlocked. I am using the modified 16 pipe flashrom from techpowerup, anyone have same experiences? Ideas? Suggestions?

Last I checked, its for AGP only. All of the Pci-e x850pro's have their pipes cut.

Well, either way, even back on the stock BIOS, the fan has decided to stop spinning. I really am confused by this.

Curious, is it possible that different voltages in the X850XT bios toasted the fan?

Its ALWAYS a big gamble to screw with a bios.. You may have done like you said and toasted it from that. I believe that the fans on the XT and PRO are different.. like you said, the fan may have been burnt from it.

im considering doing this mod my self, however, my fan is disconnected as i run water cooling, card is currently stable at 600mhz on the core... im really considering going for this, the only thing is i have a ati branded vivo, being ati, (and not the likes of evga) is a x850pro a x850pro regardless of who makes it?

q#2 ati tool only see's the ram as 500mhz on start, is there a divider that it is seeing? most other pros start at around 1000mhz, and go up to about 1080mhz i had it close to 600mhz on the ram befor i chickened out if its a divider that should be 1200mhz.. :eek: any ideas?

thore

thore said:
im considering doing this mod my self, however, my fan is disconnected as i run water cooling, card is currently stable at 600mhz on the core... im really considering going for this, the only thing is i have a ati branded vivo, being ati, (and not the likes of evga) is a x850pro a x850pro regardless of who makes it?

q#2 ati tool only see's the ram as 500mhz on start, is there a divider that it is seeing? most other pros start at around 1000mhz, and go up to about 1080mhz i had it close to 600mhz on the ram befor i chickened out if its a divider that should be 1200mhz.. :eek: any ideas?

thore

Well, from my experiences so far, I would say just stick with your OC, but if what lloose said is true, then this can only be performed on the AGP flavor.

lloose said:
Its ALWAYS a big gamble to screw with a bios.. You may have done like you said and toasted it from that. I believe that the fans on the XT and PRO are different.. like you said, the fan may have been burnt from it.

Q. Could he use my old X850XT PE air cooling HSF on his (now stock BIOS) X850pro?

*edit* or perhaps even my 9800XT?

starsfan7 said:
Well, from my experiences so far, I would say just stick with your OC, but if what lloose said is true, then this can only be performed on the AGP flavor.

it is agp.. :D me thinks more research is in order... maybe ill fire off an e-mail to the guys at atitool and see what i can dig out of them..

thore

Back