• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X800XT not recognized as AGP?!?!

{NG}Fidel

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
6,284
My computer recently went on the fritz and a reformat was required. After I reformated my computer and loaded XP Pro onto the machine I began to install the drivers. Everything was going well, except for my Sata driver problem which was solved. So after the Sata Driver problem I thought all was well and it seemed so. When I opened up the Catalyst (Version 5.5) Control Center panel and went to Smart Gart it showed up as AGP Speed off and with all the boxes for normal PCI on. I used Driver Cleaner to uninstall the drivers and reinstalled them. Even still it shows up as the AGP bus being off and PCI Active.
I dont know what to do about this and would like some advice. Whatever extra info is required simplt ask and I will bring it forward.
 
You make sure bios reads it as vga/ega? and bios reads it as AGP@ 4-8x speeds? try that

soulsaver_8229
 
How would I go about doing that.
I dont know since I have never had a problem like this in any way. Also this computer that I reformated has not changed since the reformat and it worked fine back then.
Any ways if you could tell me how I will be happy to find out the answer.
 
awww 66 views?
Has anyone ever had a problem like this?
I doubt that no one else has not encounted something like this.
 
Make sure your mobo/chipset drivers are installed. I had the same exact problem with my AIW x800 until I installed the Intel chipset drivers (I believe it installed the "processor to AGP" driver which fixed this). Make sure that device is listed in System Devices.

Just curious, have you done any benchmarks with the way it is now?
 
Use the AGP drivers off of gigabyte's site, if the mobo in your sig is the one in question.. I have had similar agp issues and general instability problems with the newer nforce reference drivers off of nvidia's site on that mobo.. Hope it helps..
 
{NG}Fidel said:
My computer recently went on the fritz and a reformat was required. After I reformated my computer and loaded XP Pro onto the machine I began to install the drivers. Everything was going well, except for my Sata driver problem which was solved. So after the Sata Driver problem I thought all was well and it seemed so. When I opened up the Catalyst (Version 5.5) Control Center panel and went to Smart Gart it showed up as AGP Speed off and with all the boxes for normal PCI on. I used Driver Cleaner to uninstall the drivers and reinstalled them. Even still it shows up as the AGP bus being off and PCI Active.
I dont know what to do about this and would like some advice. Whatever extra info is required simplt ask and I will bring it forward.


Sounds like the system board has some issues allocating resources to AGP from the SATA resources...so you get one or the other but not both. Maybe you should go into the bios and turn off all things you dont have used...like the serial and parallel ports and even the unused IDE controllers, these can make a huge difference on available resources without the problems of ACPI trying to share resources it doesnt have..
 
Question though?
Why did this only happen now?
I mean I had the system in my sig working beautifuly before a bunch of spyware really forced me to reformat. My Bios settings are the exact same as they used to be, with everything I dont use really turned off (maybe not everything).
Also the mobo is the same as the one in my sig.
 
Thanks to what GORANKAR has told me my system is back like it should be, Thanks for the advice guys!
 
Back
Top