X800XT Bottlenecking with AMD 2600?

mr. nails

Limp Gawd
does having a x800xt slow ur pc down with having my cpu? and also, how much performance will i not be getting becuz of the cpu i have? and any other bottlenecking issues u mite know about that u could tell me. also, does this card run extremely hot? do i need to add some fans for my hd? i currently have no fans for my hd. 1 on top, 2 on back, 2 on psu, 1 on side window, and 1 on the hsf. good?

The number of fans is OK, no need for more. Even though the XT does run very hot.

Of course a very strong card like the X800 XT will never slow down your computer. Whether or not your CPU is the boottleneck depends on your gaming resolution and quality settings. For example, if you play at 1024x768 with little or no anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, then yes, your games would probably run faster on a faster CPU. If, however, you play at 1600x1200 with 4x or even 8x anti-aliasing and heavy aniso filtering, I suppose that is enough for even an X800 XT.

If you're looking to run in high resolutions, you shouldn't see too much of a decrease in the performance you'd expect from a faster CPU.

If you're planning on running in 1024*768 and want maximum fps, you probably won't see so much of an increase. But most people are after the first so...

Arseface said:
If you're looking to run in high resolutions, you shouldn't see too much of a decrease in the performance you'd expect from a faster CPU.

that's what i was getting at. yeah, i want to push the card abviously. i want my games to look pretty and push the card to it's limits! everything set high!!! thx for info.

Back