• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X800XL vs. X800XT

waddles

Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
622
I'm building a Shuttle (SB81P) system and can't decide between these two cards.

I have to go with PCIe either way, and the price difference at the Egg is ~$130. Everything will be run at 1600x1200, and I game. Either card should run most non-game stuff fine, but my question is, will the increased performance and/or ability to turn up AA/AF with the XT be noticeable? And if so, is the increase worth $130?

This rig will be around for a while, so I'm tempted to go with the X800XT for longevity, but if the XL will perform about the same I'll go with it and save the money.
 
X800 XL goes toe to toe with a GT, so the X800 is slightly faster. Like the guy above said, it's more money than it is more performance. :)
 
It really depends on how much money you have, at that res, you will see a fairly medium diffrence between the two cards.

My advice, get an XL, then get an R520 once they come out...
 
The only other thing to consider is that the x800 XL is a pretty poor overclocker generally, while the x800 XT is a pretty good overclocker. So the performance difference IF you overclock is better than the paper specs suggest.

But the x800 XL is probably the best choice... draws less power, should run cooler, and is almost as good. If you can get an XL for around $300, you are getting killer hardware for the cash.
 
waddles said:
I'm building a Shuttle (SB81P) system and can't decide between these two cards.

I have to go with PCIe either way, and the price difference at the Egg is ~$130. Everything will be run at 1600x1200, and I game. Either card should run most non-game stuff fine, but my question is, will the increased performance and/or ability to turn up AA/AF with the XT be noticeable? And if so, is the increase worth $130?

This rig will be around for a while, so I'm tempted to go with the X800XT for longevity, but if the XL will perform about the same I'll go with it and save the money.


I'm building the Shuttle SN25P and I had the same concerns. I ended up getting the X800 XL because of the price difference and there really is no more then 10% better performance if that. Heat & power is another issue especially on a Shuttle. I read the reviews here and at other places on the net.

My 2 cents
 
Back
Top