• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

x800xl - economic question

ekorazn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
452
My CS team is getting the same gear as everyone else, and I'm pretty much in charge of picking out what equipment we need. Since CS:S is probably going to reappear at the 2006 summer cpl and the fact that cal-i for 1.6 is going to close AND CS:S division had already started, we need to replace our GF4 that handled 1.6 soooo well. And ATI>nvidia in CS:S and HL2

Obviously the price is no where near 299, and it won't go down till a while. My first question is if a company ever boosted up the MSRP of a product despite what they said. Unless there's a law against it, couldn't ATI just boost the price to 399 MSRP(not that it isn't) since the 6800GT's cannot beat the XL in most benchmarks (I'm also aware that the GT's can be bought at 319 at newegg (128mb though, and performance isn't the same, but your friends don't need to know that :))?

We'll probably end up getting our gear during mid July of this year. I just want logical and educated predictions on the pricing of the XL.


Also, is a 350watt power supply good enough for this card?
 
There is no external power connector for the x800XL? I thought there was, but i guess i'm mistaken.
 
ekorazn said:
There is no external power connector for the x800XL? I thought there was, but i guess i'm mistaken.

maybe not, I might have been thinking of the x800.....check one of the x800xl reviews. :)
 
Back
Top