X800XL at ZZF

Unfortunately its been the norm lately with the low supply. But what's sadder are the people who actually pay these exagerated amounts.

Holy crap - what a rip off. And its OEM too.

70% of that purchase price (if not more b/c its OEM) is pure profit. Thanks to everyone with an itchy finger for helping to keep ZZF in business, and Americans working. :(

Ya - that's a rip off there. They need to be about $275.00 and also have a AGP version! Dammit!

Can't ATi do anything to control these prices? ...WTF...At what point did the MSRP stop meaning anything?

Markup on video cards isn't that much. At most that card costs the vendor about $250. Then they sell it at $200 above MSRP which brings your total after shipping and applicable tax to $ASSRAPE

^eMpTy^ said:
Can't ATi do anything to control these prices? ...WTF...At what point did the MSRP stop meaning anything?

Cant NV do anything to control these prices?

That is disgusting. Anyone who spent that instead of getting a x800xt would be insane. Thats sick. I want that card so bad, but jeebus if they rape people that badly on prices... i'll stick with onboard :eek:. At least onboard video cards stay at a stable price :rolleyes:

Yikes, definetely not what I'd call a good deal. I'd have to smack any person that bought this card over a 6800 Ultra or an X800XT, at this price.

^eMpTy^ said:

The point they defined the meaning of MSRP as manufaturer suggested retail price :/.

For that price you could buy a nice X800 Pro or at X800 XT with all the Piplines attached :p

Yea, since I just started building/buying my new rig, (one piece at a time) I'm gonna make this one of the last items and hopefully it'll be cheaper 2-4 weeks from now.

fallguy said:
Cant NV do anything to control these prices?

Not legally, unless they formed a contract with the vendor that stated NV sets the prices, which no vendor in their right mind would do.

Who cares? Nobody is making you buy these cards. There are soooo many people complaining about "price gouging." It's not like this is your heart medicine or anything.

They need to come down even more though. Guys/Gals it's a war off attrition that they are throwing at high end hardware freaks now. They give us SLI and overpriced cards. Used to be a time when the high end card cost you $300.00 average. Now it's about $500.00 for the top end card. Not good. If you ask me they are gauging the gamers or early adopters.

I agree.

I'm poised and ready to begin building my next rig.

A64 3500+ 90nm ---I'll reluctantly pay the 285.00 ZZF is asking.

DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D ---supposed to hit the shelves this week. i'll pay 160-180. Any more and I'm waiting till it drops.

X800 XL ---Waiting for a larger release/lower price (299.99 seems reasonable!)

Well the good news is.... they're finally out.

I'm wanting a retail version of this though.

ouch, guys and gals...that is unreasonably horrible pricing. but of course, their are enough unreasonable and horribly eagered fools.

Just got off the phone with ATI. They are still taking pre-orders over the phone @ 299.00 but they have no clue when the card will ship. The operator said "could be 2 days, could be 2 months".

Here's that number:
1-888-974-6728 Mon-Sat 9-9 EST

dIsRuPtIvE said:
Just got off the phone with ATI. They are still taking pre-orders over the phone @ 299.00 but they have no clue when the card will ship. The operator said "could be 2 days, could be 2 months".

Thats nice. You would think that because they manufacture the cards, they would have a little more accurate info than that. :(

i love paper launches.

how about some cards when they announce the card's availability

since i've now put off my computer til' february, hopefully the price will come down and the availability will go up by then.

As the X800 XL seems to outperform the Pro, doesn't a price like that kind of make sense?

isnt that the card that supposedly wipes out the 6800 gt?

and i would have to say its because the ddr3 because every card with them has been short handed either that or becuase people know that ati semas to sell better then nvidia and this is supposedly the newer card they go ahead and mark it up for the know-nuthings that wnat the under pc but get screwed in the process

Add 'em said:
In pretty much everything but Doom3, the XL outperforms the 6800GT.
If it's really a 16 pipe card for $300, but...

I'm skeptical at best, that it can beat the 6800GT. The 6800GT is a well established card and can run at near ultra speeds generally with ease. Are there really any XL benchmarks?

edit: hardocp does have XL benches. Interesting

Add 'em said:
As the X800 XL seems to outperform the Pro, doesn't a price like that kind of make sense?

Exactly... Did anyone believe the lies? $299 only when the 6800GT drops below $299. Give it a few more months...

mbmadness said:
Exactly... Did anyone believe the lies? $299 only when the 6800GT drops below $299. Give it a few more months...

Its not a lie. MSRP is $299. Companies who sell it, can charge whatever they want.

Just as the MSRP is $399 for a PCI-E 6800GT, and $499 for a PCI-E 6800 Ultra. Good lucking finding it anywhere in stock for that price. Its well above that.

All the high end PCI-E cards from ATi and NV are marked up above the MSRP. People can either pay it, or wait till it drops. Its their choice.

You'll start seeing the price drop when the boxed RETAIL cards become available. These cards that are showing up are all OEM. The vendors will charge whatever they want. And the poor saps that must have these as soon as they find them will have to pay the premium. Asus, Hightech, Sapphire and Abit have all announced thier x800xl cards now so it only be a matter if weeks, and then the prices will go down to where they are supposed to be.

Sir-Fragalot said:
Markup on video cards isn't that much. At most that card costs the vendor about $250. Then they sell it at $200 above MSRP which brings your total after shipping and applicable tax to $ASSRAPE
now that der is funny i dun care who you are...

^eMpTy^ said:

You can go the the ATI sight and check out the certified ATI stores, they are usually a little more then MSRP prices (I believe)

Sir-Fragalot said:

sig'd for prosperity and truth :D

fallguy said:
You mean another $20..

It was $500 about a week ago. A $50 price drop, and two $20 price drops make it $410. Hopfully at this rate, it will be close to MSRP within a month.

It was actually 419 when i posted. ;)

Back