X800pro to X800xt Mod Warning

SocketA

Limp Gawd
I'm just going to reiterate something we all already know. Perform these mods at your own risk!!! I bought a X800pro from Compusa when they first came out. I was quite happy with its performance, good frame rates, great overclocker 520/560+ etc...At stock speeds I was getting 10+ 3dMark2003 scores, 11+ overclocked. I decided to try to flash my card to an XT. It didnt work. The bios flashed to XT but only 12pipes enabled. My card has not worked properly ever since. I reflashed the card back to original bios, however the card will not reach pervious overclocking speeds, none of the new drivers will work with the card anymore. I can only use the card with the outdated drivers, as a result I dont get near the fps I used to. I wish I would have left well enough alone. Performe any mods at your own risk!!! Any modding voids warranty. Though I am going to try and send the cerd back to ATI anyways. I certainly dont have another 400 hundred dollars for a new card.

From what I read online it was. I had no laser cut underneath the heatsink, samsun 1.6 memory etc.. So before modding it I though it was a ViVo.

SocketA said:
From what I read online it was. I had no laser cut underneath the heatsink, samsun 1.6 memory etc.. So before modding it I though it was a ViVo.

and it had a Rage Theater chip as well as the yellow connector?

I no longer have the original bios, my girlfriend reformatted the disc. I used an ATI bios for a stock X800pro I downloaded online. It succesfully flashed but it will automatically restart after detecting new hardware Rage Theatre Audio or Video I think.

I'm not so sure you did this mod right, though correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to enable the 4 pipes, you're supposed to flash to the Gigabyte X800Pro BIOS first. :confused:

Furthermore, if you want to UNDO the flash, you need to flash your card to a special "empty.bin" file, and then reflash with a stock Pro BIOS to re-enable 12 pipelines (16 will stay enabled after flashing with the Giga BIOS unless you flash to empty.bin)

And not backing up your original BIOS was your big mistake, sorry to say.

And not backing up your original BIOS was your big mistake, sorry to say.

Agree, the warning you speak of could apply to any type of BIOS flash. Whether it is a Video card, SCSI controller or MOBO. I'm sure most modders here know that if you BORK up a BIOS flash you might end up with a VERY expensive paperweight.

A post thet would have probably served you better is to see if someone with the same card would be kind enough to backup their BIOS and email it to you. My2c.. GL :)

Back