X800 XT PE at gateway.com for $434.95

PsySabreW

n00b
***EDIT*** The deal is dead. Gateway pulled the link because it was a pricing mistake and they're outta stock. Atlho the people that did order them will get the cards.

Link stolen from this post on rage3d.com.

Link to the deal

Use the code NOSHIPA for free ground shipping.

Supposedly they're in stock according to some of the rage3d members that have called up gateway and had them verify that it was indeed in stock.

Hmm.. Good find.

Has anyone found any other retailers offering X800XT-PE elsewhere? Also, is this the card that retails for $499?

Just pre-orders so far with everyone else. The next best place (that I know of) was cdw.com and that was thirty bucks more which isn't coming in stock until the 15th.
And yes that is the 500 dollar card version.

I went ahead and ordered one...Overnight... We will see if I get it... Should be shipped tomorrow to arrive on Friday.

I guess this is the real deal here goes nothing

on the rage3d a lof of them are getting ship dates of 6/9/04, but hell for 50 dollars cheaper I can wait a week.

If it turns out these are all they're cracked up to be, I'll jump in on this one. Hopefully they won't be all gone in a week.

When you order, ask for item 6616118. Then ask about the AAA discount, my guy Collin said he couldn't do it because it was such a discounted item, but he gave me free shipping and upgraded it to priority..

Still waiting for the email invoice.. He said it should ship today!

Allanon said:
When you order, ask for item 6616118. Then ask about the AAA discount, my guy Collin said he couldn't do it because it was such a discounted item, but he gave me free shipping and upgraded it to priority..

Still waiting for the email invoice.. He said it should ship today!

lol, you should have asked for free overnight ;)

Yeah got redirected and now they don't seem to be selling any of the x800's or x800XT's. :(

Ordered mine a couple of hours ago. Got my 2nd confirmation from gateway:

Order status: Your Gateway order has been placed and is currently being processed. Your estimated arrival date is 06/10/2004.

:cool:

Order status: Your Gateway order has been placed and is currently being processed. Your estimated arrival date is 06/17/2004.

Damn! Would have been sooner, but they were charging the wrong expiration date so I didn't get billed until today. Oh well. $434.95 is still a deal.

I also got an Est Ship date of 06/09/04...

It is nice to see that Gateway is actually HONORING the mistaken price and shipping the cards out to those lucky enough to order. I await with baited breath.

Yep I am nervous enough, hoping they dont gank us

Just read over the rage3d posts, seems like people are getting ganked around, but from what seems to come up mots often is.

There is batches, ones already in stock... People with ship date 6/04/04

Second stock which is suppose to arrive.... People with ship date 6/09/04

Third shipment which is already backordered..... People with ship date 6/16/04

But everyone gots different dates, I guess its a waiting game and just keep bugging them.

Here's my post to Rage3d

Here's my experience.. Talked to two general CS reps, and they both said that the item is backordered but it still expected to ship on 6/8. I asked how that is possible and they said that all their info comes from the accessories store. I asked to speak to the accessories store and they said that I couldn't and thats a direct number they have only.

The second girl upgraded me to overnite shipping and said she would call back if the ship date gets pushed back.

I would LOVE to get a direct number for the accessories dept.

Talked to a guy directly the Iden guy (check spelling) from the number the guy gave on the Rage3d forums.

What he told me was that, they are sold out but people in the first batch of orders mostly people who ordered on the 2nd will recieve a Radeon x800Xt PE, but should not epect them to the middle of the month around 16 - 20. For 60 bucks off though I will take it.

*Update*

I just checked my order status 0210 PDT (Arizona)

For some reason the Banner that for the past three days has said "Your Order is being Processed at our Manufacturing Facility" NOW states "Your Order has Shipped 6/9/04"

While under the DETAIL Status it remains "Order Pending"

ahhh! Such wonderful feelings! Anyway first I have heard am I the first to have this change?

macksomerville said:
*Update*

I just checked my order status 0210 PDT (Arizona)

For some reason the Banner that for the past three days has said "Your Order is being Processed at our Manufacturing Facility" NOW states "Your Order has Shipped 6/9/04"

While under the DETAIL Status it remains "Order Pending"

ahhh! Such wonderful feelings! Anyway first I have heard am I the first to have this change?

Got the same exact thing, like I said though I talked to that guy direct and he seemed t know what he was talking about...We should start seeing our cards between the 15th and 20th. Unless they get them earlier.

All mine says is check for another order's status and frequently asked questions. Maybe it's because mine is a phone order.

Yea, I got that "Your Gateway order shipped on 6/9/04." BS as well. Miss Cleo must be working for them now or something. :rolleyes:

Just noticed this was posted over on rage3d's monster thread. Could be shens but it's some interesting news anyway for those of us that ordered.

"OFFICAL STATEMENT OFFICIAL STATEMENT

THIS IS NOT A TEST, FLAME, BULLSH--, OR OTHERWISE

First of all, 100% apologies to Gateway for yelling at the supervisor, they are in the dark as much as us...

The following is an OFFICIAL, straight from my sales rep Collin's mouth answer for all!

Obviously, an overwhelming demand for the cards, to stop this, they are now listed as discontinued

**************************IMPORTANT PART*******************************

If you ordered a card, had sufficient funds in your account and have an order # (mine is 8 digit starting in 3), then YOU ARE GETTING A CARD!!!!!!!!! No questions! You may have to wait til around the 15th or so when the next shipment comes in from ATI, but you ARE GETTING A CARD AT A GREAT PRICE!!!!!

If you ordered and did the following, 1) didnt have enough $$ room on the card 2) called and cancelled 3) called and complained enough that a supervisor cancelled your order for you -- you are not going to get a card.

For the Customer Service people, they had NO IDEA what was going on because no one higher up decided to tell them about the problem. They saw discontinued and 99% of the time, that means to them no more product, so no more to ship...

There have been a couple voices of reason in the forum that have gone ignored by most, including myself - one of them is %100 in the know and should be listened to...

RECAP - If you have an order #, sit tight - your card is coming eventually - mine says shipped on the 9th, but won't actually get here til early on the week of the 14th..."

All I hope now for is that it ships with the HL2 coupon :D

PsySabreW said:
All I hope now for is that it ships with the HL2 coupon :D

I just want the card that I ordered. Don't waste my time with vaporware coupons.

BTW, my order says "ship on 6/10", looking forward to it.

I'm still waiting for the chance to put my Duke Nukem Forever coupon to use...

New and final update: If you haven't gotten one of these emails, you will soon.

Thank you for your online order request. Unfortunately this item listed below is out of stock with an estimated arrival date of 07/09/2004. Please contact me to let me know if you wish to keep your order open or cancel. You could also go online and choose another item and then I can change your order.

Radeon X800XT

Thanks you and have a great day.

Your order is pretty much on hold until you to talk to the rep and tell her/him what you want to do with your order.

Even tho it's not shipping until next month I'll wait for it tho. It's highly doubtful I'll find a better deal than this until it ships with every other online retailer price gouging like mad.

PsySabreW said:
New and final update: If you haven't gotten one of these emails, you will soon.

Thank you for your online order request. Unfortunately this item listed below is out of stock with an estimated arrival date of 07/09/2004. Please contact me to let me know if you wish to keep your order open or cancel. You could also go online and choose another item and then I can change your order.

Radeon X800XT

Your order is pretty much on hold until you to talk to the rep and tell her/him what you want to do with your order.

Even tho it's not shipping until next month I'll wait for it tho. It's highly doubtful I'll find a better deal than this until it ships with every other online retailer price gouging like mad.

What time and of what day did you order, just talked to the guy today and I am still expected to recieve mine between the 15th and 20th

June 2nd, 8-8:30pm CST. About 2-3 hours after this deal leaked onto the web.
Also a ton of other people on rage3d are getting ETA emails of july 9th as well.

I ordered around 1800 on Wednesday night the 2nd of June... I just got my order is backorded email also

Radeon X800XT

Thea Presto

Web Order Management

I would just cancel it if you dont want to wait 2 weeks or more for this card from CDW guys

Same shit longer thread over @ rage3d forums

Go take a look if you want to

I was part of it with the first order they cancelled my order without authorization to do so

Well I got lucky today and got a HIS x800XT(last one) from newegg on an awesome deal!

:)

Good luck peeps

Guess I am lucky, I was not put on backorder. I guess I am actually getting in on the first batch.

Your Gateway order is being filled in our manufacturing facility.

Your estimated shipping date is 7/8/04.
Check for Another Order's Status
For additional Customer Service information, view our Frequently Asked Questions.

I was schelduled to be shipped today, 6/10.

Anyhoogle, I called in to Gateway, got through the amazing amount of menus, and got to tech support. They said they sold "100s" of them, and that mine should be at my house on 7/8/04. I asked, and he meant at my house on 7/8, not shipped out... whatever.

I'm just glad to see its still being processed. Sadly, it'll miss my LAN on the 20th :(

Back