X800 XL Availability

BigGreenMat

Limp Gawd
Now they have supposedly 'launched' the X800 XL and it looks like a damn fine card. The thing I want to know is when will it actually be available? This seems to be the ATI card of value at an MSRP of $350 with 16 pipelines and 256mb of GDDR3. I am not in a particular hurry because I am still waiting for PCI-E Athlon 64 boards, but those should be hitting retail channels within a couple weeks. Anyone have any clues. I might bite on this card as opposed to a 6600GT even though SLI is coming.

Well it the X850 XL. Details are a bit hazy. Looks like by the end of December or January. You can always pre-order.

Thats where the 6800 GT wins, in agp. SPeaking of the x800xl, it looks like a very interesting and nice product next to the GT.

It looks like ATI decided to drop the price of the x800xl to 299.00 msrp not bad for a 16 pipe card. Now the question is will these cards actually show up anywhere.

Well I think I have found some availability. ComputerHQ seems to have some cards available TODAY for $350. Also I found another site that has an order for $290. I went ahead and ordered the $290 site and if it doesn't become available before my Mobo I will just cancel it.

BigGreenMat said:
Also I found another site that has an order for $290. I went ahead and ordered the $290 site and if it doesn't become available before my Mobo I will just cancel it.

What site is that?

I am not in a particular hurry because I am still waiting for PCI-E Athlon 64 boards

^^ The PCI-E Athlon boards are now actually availible (the nForce4 chipset) i think it also has DDR2 and i know it supports SLi and has 2xPCI-Ex16 slots

Matrix187 said:
Thats where the 6800 GT wins, in agp. SPeaking of the x800xl, it looks like a very interesting and nice product next to the GT.

It wins in PCI-Express too. However the X800XL would be a damn fine choice vs. the 6800GT for cost reasons. MSRP of $349.99 vs. $399.99 makes it a really good bargain and if it OC's as well as some of the X800Pro's do, you'd be looking at something the overclocking community would embrace easily.

Jayzcomp said:
^^ The PCI-E Athlon boards are now actually availible (the nForce4 chipset) i think it also has DDR2 and i know it supports SLi and has 2xPCI-Ex16 slots

No. The Athlon 64 does not and can not support DDR2. The memory controller is built into the processor. Therefore without changing the processors design, support for another type of memory module would be impossible. At least not without some kind of chip on the motherboard to translate the signals. (Which leads to other problems and no bennifits)

However the A8N-SLi is PCI-E x2 and is NForce 4. It is currently shipping in limited quantities.

Sir-Fragalot said:
It wins in PCI-Express too. However the X800XL would be a damn fine choice vs. the 6800GT for cost reasons. MSRP of $349.99 vs. $399.99 makes it a really good bargain and if it OC's as well as some of the X800Pro's do, you'd be looking at something the overclocking community would embrace easily.

Wasn't the MSRP of the X800XL going to be $299? Also, the early review samples didn't overclock too well, something about the lack of an auxilary power connector really limiting core speeds...

Jonsey said:
Too bad they arn't making an AGP flavor. :(
That does piss me off :(

If I do want pci-e, I need to drop my 754 chip and mobo and move to 939 and new mobo just for video card upgrade :mad:, I do plan on upgrading video card next summer, but I dont want to waist a portion of it on not needed CPU parts

Dark_Seph said:
That does piss me off :(

If I do want pci-e, I need to drop my 754 chip and mobo and move to 939 and new mobo just for video card upgrade :mad:, I do plan on upgrading video card next summer, but I dont want to waist a portion of it on not needed CPU parts
there will be Nforce4 S754 boards, chaintech will have one soon and I'm sure others will too. It really depends if they will actually make an SLI version or even an Ultra version, we may just get stuck w/ the basic version but hell it has PCI-E

Back