• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X800 Pro -> XT problem

lordbean

n00b
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
7
I have a Sapphire X800 Pro with Samsung 1.6ns ram modules, and I am trying to make the bridge connection to enable the last four pipes. My problem is, the pipes do not seem to be turning on. I have tried silver paint 3 times now, the third time after having scratched the two points a bit so that they shine, and ATI Tool is still reporting only 12 pipes - do I need to flash to an XT bios first?
edit - sorry didnt see the two flavor forums. If a mod sees this can he/she please move it to ATI flavor? thanks
 
there's been a couple of reported cases of the hard mod not working :( :( did you make sure both points were scratched so you could actually see copper? and no, you do not need the xt bios installed first, the mod turns the pipes on automatically.

edit- forgot to ask, you made sure it's a vivo? rage theatre chip on the back, yellow connector near the power connector?
 
:eek: it has to be a VIVO for it to work? I thought it could be done entirely by softmod on VIVOs and by a hardmod on normal cards...
 
bump.

The articles I've read all say that the normal X800 pro can be hardmodded. Is it possible I just didn't clean the contacts enough?
 
lordbean said:
bump.

The articles I've read all say that the normal X800 pro can be hardmodded. Is it possible I just didn't clean the contacts enough?

possible. i scraped mine until i saw copper on both sides, like 2 little shiny dots. and AFAIK, they have to be vivo's for the softmod (don't ask me why, don't know much about non-vivo pro's)
 
well after 5 tries and some burn-in time, the mod finally took - and it turns out I'm unlucky. My card has broken pipes. :(

Oh well. So much for getting a free 20% performance boost :p
 
Back
Top