X800 Pro problem ...

MikeHawk

n00b
Ok, I'm sick of this shit. So I guess some advice is in order. My card w/this system(see sig) & I'm having this bullshit porblem. I've installed twice now to try & rid myself of this. But here goes, everytime I boot up. I get a Hardware install wizard. It says it detects an "Unknown Device"(the X800). Like when you install new drivers & you haven't installed the new ones yet. But I have then in already. In fact, there's nothing more I can do. Many weeks now & I can't seem to rid my rig of this shit. I'm running the newest drivers, & DX 9.0c, newset 5.10s from nVidia. Newest everything. Never had this problem B4 now, & I'm tired of it. So any & all advice on this would help out greatly. Thx

You don't have a sig. Anyway try this, go into safe mode and delete any vid cards that are there, then run driver cleaner to get rid of any spare driver files that may be hanging around, then boot normal and install drivers.

There are none. It's a fresh install of windows. So how am I gonna remove other drivers or videocards?

Specs along with the make and model of the card would help...

Does it have a feature that you haven't installed drivers for? You could try removing everything ATi from everywhere including the registry, then re-intall...

MikeHawk said:
......................... & I can't seem to rid my rig of this shit. I'm running the newest drivers, & DX 9.0c, newset 5.10s from nVidia. Newest everything. Never had this problem B4 now, & I'm tired of it. So any & all advice on this would help out greatly. Thx

" and this is what you state as your system-spec's: "?????? :confused:

Here ...
Western-Digital Raptors 2 (Raid 0 64k chunk)
ATi X800 Pro<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
SB Audigy Gamer
Sony 52x32x52 CD/RW
TTGI 550w PSU (max pwr 600w)
SLK-900a (w/92mm 65cfm fan)

*******************************************************************************************************

Hate to disappoint you but, what YOU have stated and what's in your sig's are just NOT going to " JIVE " yet along let your system work, even.......... :rolleyes:

........so,...........???????......... :confused: ......... :eek:

mr. Charles said:

Here ...
SB Audigy Gamer
Sony 52x32x52 CD/RW

*******************************************************************************************************

Hate to disappoint you but, what YOU have stated and what's in your sig's are just NOT going to " JIVE " yet along let your system work, even.......... :rolleyes:

the 5.10 is an nforce driver for the motherboard probably.

mr. Charles said:

Here ...
SB Audigy Gamer
Sony 52x32x52 CD/RW

If you are wondering about the nvidia drivers he has an N-Force motherboard which is nvidia and the driver version stated are for the chipset and not video card drivers.

mr. Charles said:

Here ...
SB Audigy Gamer
Sony 52x32x52 CD/RW

I think he means the latest Nvidia chipset drivers. He does have an nf2 motherboard. Although I hope that's what he means.

........ imho, i would say start with the 4.6 or 4.8 Cat's first; ........NOT sure about the 4.9's with this NEW CCC, too much prob's i have been reading about..........

I would still like a bit more on the video card than just "ATi x800 pro"...is it BBA (built by ati) or another brand...does it have VIVO?

WoW ... lotsa activity on this thread & I was out watching football most of the day. :p

Mr.Charles:
Yes, it's the 5.10's from nVidia for their nForce2 "CHIPSET". LoL Notice I gave the "A-BIT NF7-S v2.0" in there? That would be the motherboard. Please don't come to MY thread & flame. It's obvious your NOT going to be of any help. So don't concearn yourself w/this anymore. If you had read the post, it's a fresh install of windows. There are no OTHER drivers to remove. I installed the 4.9's straight from their web-site. :rolleyes:

Yes, its a built by ATi X800 Pro .... I don't like Sapphire, PowerColor, or any of that other crap.

All the latest drivers & updates for XP Pro (as if)
Just still getting the hardware wizard everytime on boot-up or reboot.

Thx for all the replies. Except for Mr.Charles .... ;)

diablo111 said:
I would still like a bit more on the video card than just "ATi x800 pro"...is it BBA (built by ati) or another brand...does it have VIVO?
No .... @ least it doesn't say that in the box. Plus, on the recieplt & what I was trying to buy was a Retail-Boxed X800Pro.

Well...hmmm. I know my ATi 9500 pro had a secondary display adapter for the DVI connection...it installed it with the rest of the card. Maybe that's what it keeps trying to install? Have you tried going into the control panel to see if you have an item with an exclamation mark by it? If so, try double clicking on it and re-install the drivers...or just disable it.

after you finish installing the ati drivers, check to see whether the card is detected properly. under the device manager, display properties, driver control panel working. try a different, possibly more stable driver revision. Maybe even stress test your card to see if it works and gets a normal framerate. If you have access to another agp card, test it with that to see if it is a problem with the motherboard and not your card/drivers.

Back