x800 pci-express $62 AR free shipping

Sooo temping, esp since my 9800pro 256 just took a crap and that was the only thing
keeping me from going with a pci-e (biostar t-force) setup

topcat989 said:
the rebate is what makes this a hot deal, otherwise, meh.

http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=visiontek+Radeon+X800

the link above is for the 256mb GT version, and it has a $25 rebate with only $3 FedEx shipping.

and acidic, your title says $62 shipped, but that is NOT so. It will be close to $150 SHIPPED, depending on shipping costs and who gets taxed. ;)

the gt version is slower, gt = 8 pipe. x800 vanilla = 12

acidic said:
Dell Home has the VisionTek Radeon X800 128 MB PCIe Graphics Card for $137 - $75MIR = $62 w/ free shipping.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=a0490496

Play the holiday game to get additional discounts.

but you must purchase by tomorrow.

DEAD

I guess nobody noticed that this card had GDDR3 instead of ddr2 or 1 like the other cards linked ;)

edit: rebate states ddr and newegg link list ddr, I wonder if dell screwed up listing the specs

Edit 2: yep, VisionTek specs are ddr :( even my old 9800 pro had ddr2. meh

nobi125 said:
The actual card you listed isn't shown in those benchmarks. Those benchmarks have the X800XT and the X800pro. The card you found for $62 is the vanilla X800, which has half the ram and slower ram......as well as slower clock speeds.

Actually if you looked closer, Theres a card called "RADEON X800". However toms uses the 256mb version, but the performance should be similar

Based on reviews, with just DDR it's still as fast as a 6600gt for half the price.

I have some questions for anyone who has one?
1. does the x800 have a temp sensor?
2. will I have any problems using a ATI video driver on a nvidia chipset mobo? (tforce)

Hopefully will be here by Friday so I'll know soon enough I guess.

vibe said:
Based on reviews, with just DDR it's still as fast as a 6600gt for half the price.

2. will I have any problems using a ATI video driver on a nvidia chipset mobo? (tforce)

And the x800's oc alot better. More than a 25% boost on core

vibe said:

I think it does have a temp sensor, and it should work perfectly fine in a tforce chipset

clickclickw00t said:
Would 2 of these in SLI be equal to a 6800gt AGP?

SLI is an nvidia only interface (and yes i know about the voodoo sli... but who owns voodoo now ;) )

Nvidia = SLI
ATI = crossfire

clickclickw00t said:
Would 2 of these in SLI be equal to a 6800gt AGP?

If not faster (in xfire of course). x800 vanilla > 6600gt but for x800's you need a master card which costs about $250, that throws the deal out the window :p

Scored one of these before it expired. Was actually $74AR cuz I'm taxed from Dell in TX :(

Still damn hot for $74. Will be my third x800, and I love them all.

Wow, sucks that I missed this. That's a nice deal for a backup card.

Yes I get all freaky with my hardware. Not that way sick bastids. :p I'd pay this for "just in case." The hunt continues. This is exactly like I'm looking for. Just the amount of time pcie has been out, not like I have a bunch of other old alternates for testing. Lately when I upgrade I sell the one I got. Now I want one that can game in a pinch for cheap.

mdma- said:
free ship -- buy it or not, but don't whine

Wait. Free shipping makes up for the tittle (which says 62 shipped not 62 AR free shipping) being misleading how?

Wait. Free shipping makes up for the tittle (which says 62 shipped not 62 AR free shipping) being misleading how?

I overlooked that part, by shipped I was thinking of meaning free shipping

aww damnit, im upset i missed this deal. with my 75 dollar concession coupon, it would have been free after rebate!

Spectre said:
you implyed shipping was extra. it's not, it was free. i wasn't discussing the rebate which, if you want to bring it up, only costs 37 to 39 cents and is worth the time for someone who spends their time flaming ppl for small mistakes on computer forums

mdma- said:
you implyed shipping was extra. it's not, it was free. i wasn't discussing the rebate which, if you want to bring it up, only costs 37 to 39 cents and is worth the time for someone who spends their time flaming ppl for small mistakes on computer forums

That wasn't flaming you would do well to look up that term before accusing someone of doing it. The FAQ http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=603670 explains how threads are to be tittled in this section.

As for rebates...yeah doesn't work so well when you need to buy more than one. So killed the deal for me (or anyone else needing more than 1).....bummer.

And this isn't a flame either.

mdma- said:

That "someone" is a moderator here wiseass -- I think he knows what he's talking about.
If someone puts "Shipped" in the title, that should mean "This is the amount that hits your account when you buy it". "Shipped" does NOT equal "Shipped price... after rebate".

Mine too, wtf. Estimated ship date is now 1/10/06. Same sh*t happened when I purchased an RCA HD tuner at Buy.com. It was listed as "In stock" and has been at "Sent to warehouse" now for 10 days. Oh well.

Lots of reports of backordered to 1/10 on other forums now.
Rebate has 30 days so this still can happen.

Seongmin said:
Uhhh... WTF! Dell just canceled my order themselves... I'm calling...

When did you order? Mine is still showing backordered for 1/10 shipment.

acidic said:
Actually if you looked closer, Theres a card called "RADEON X800". However toms uses the 256mb version, but the performance should be similar

You might wanna take a second look.

Well if anyone managed to get an order in before OOS/backordered status it's probably arriving today. Hoping to hear a review/benchmark of this actual card...

Back