x800 [H]mod?

As far as I know, the success rate on this mod is fairly low. I myself tried and it didn't work on my Visiontek.

There's already a thread about it here.
 
Hmm thanks for the link.. according ocuk its definately possible but far from 100%, maybe ~40%.

What happened when tried? did u get artifacts?
 
I didn't get anything out of the ordinary. I used a conductive pen, connected the 2 bridges, put the card back together and booted. ATITool still showed 12 active pipelines. I didn't scrape the contacts as I am not willing to go that far. If it didn't work with the initial try, I was ending it there.

I just left the bridge in tact and it doesn't cause any differences in games, nor does it crash, run hot or anything. I am still pleased with the speed from it at Pro speeds, but I am still yearning for the XT or 6800U.
 
The mod is very dependant on the core code of the GPU, some can mod, others can't it's as simple as that I believe. I don't think the new cards are able to, it was ones from the first run or so that were able to.
 
Back
Top