OC-Chronic
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 14, 2010
- Messages
- 234
Heyya all,
Been reading around the web about the deatils on X79 & it looks pretty tasty. The things that caught my fancy are:
256-bit/4ch. mem controller, on-die(lower latency)
PCI-E 2.0 HUB that supports full 2x PCI-E x16 graphics & a dedicated PCI-E x4 link for the SATA 6G ports, all on-die, instead of using a traditional NB.
What typo of memory support will the new X79 paltform have? I don't remember reading about that detail. I'm assuming DDR3 1333, probably 1600 by OC.
Been reading around the web about the deatils on X79 & it looks pretty tasty. The things that caught my fancy are:
256-bit/4ch. mem controller, on-die(lower latency)
PCI-E 2.0 HUB that supports full 2x PCI-E x16 graphics & a dedicated PCI-E x4 link for the SATA 6G ports, all on-die, instead of using a traditional NB.
What typo of memory support will the new X79 paltform have? I don't remember reading about that detail. I'm assuming DDR3 1333, probably 1600 by OC.