x79 motherboards on clearance at microcenter

Still have no idea why they abandoned Silicon Valley of all places. I mean was competition with Fry's really that much of an issue? Can't be the whole lease issue either, as there are places that are available.

Still have no idea why they abandoned Silicon Valley of all places. I mean was competition with Fry's really that much of an issue? Can't be the whole lease issue either, as there are places that are available.

Definitely not because of Fry's...
Houston has 3 Fry's locations and Micorcenter is still going strong... They actually build a new, bigger store 2min from their old location. This city is a major cluster@#$, but having Fry's and Microcenter within 30min drive make it more livable...:cool:

Definitely not because of Fry's...
Houston has 3 Fry's locations and Micorcenter is still going strong... They actually build a new, bigger store 2min from their old location. This city is a major cluster@#$, but having Fry's and Microcenter within 30min drive make it more livable...:cool:

I hear you, I just dont live or work near downtown. Their new store is pretty nice though, frys has been going down hill for a while now.

I hear you, I just dont live or work near downtown. Their new store is pretty nice though, frys has been going down hill for a while now.

At least you have one to go downhill. Us forgotten folk in FL (NW specifically) aren't even getting that kind of love. :(

I would strongly consider just paying the extra $100 or so for the platform updates with X99 unless you are also getting the CPU much cheaper than the 5th gen i7s and DDR4 prices are dropping. 10+ SATA3/6G, full native USB 3.0 implementation, full official support for PCIe 3.0, m.2 and Sata express, just to name a few.

X99 had a rough launch but with the BIOS updates my rig has been rock solid for about 2 months now with the last few BIOS releases.

Dang only an open box left in Richardson MC :(, but yes if going new I would totally recommend making the jump to 2011v3, unless you have a pile of DDR3 sitting around.

The reason why those places may still be available is because the owner wants a ridiculous price for rent.

Edit: The two stores in Atlanta seem to be doing fine too, one less than a mile from a bigger Fry's.

I would strongly consider just paying the extra $100 or so for the platform updates with X99 unless you are also getting the CPU much cheaper than the 5th gen i7s and DDR4 prices are dropping. 10+ SATA3/6G, full native USB 3.0 implementation, full official support for PCIe 3.0, m.2 and Sata express, just to name a few.

X99 had a rough launch but with the BIOS updates my rig has been rock solid for about 2 months now with the last few BIOS releases.

I was genuinely considering doing just that, but between getting a bnib 3930k for 200 and getting a nice motherboard for 115 and being able to reuse my ram, I saved about 400 dollars total. Hard to sneeze at that.

The reason why those places may still be available is because the owner wants a ridiculous price for rent.

Edit: The two stores in Atlanta seem to be doing fine too, one less than a mile from a bigger Fry's.

Don't think that's the case for the SV store. There's now a cheap clothing store at the same location I think. Really does suck we don't have any MC here anymore.

Their new store is pretty nice.. especially since its only a 5 min walk from my house :)

Back