X79-DELUXE

irvinj

n00b
I purchased this Mainboard because of the glowing no BS review written here on [H]ard|OC, besides; after my own research I was sold on all the SATA 6G Ports & the price point is reasonable compared to ASRock or GIGABYTE. Perhaps it is I have my Board configured incorrectly or there is something else out of whack. During POST only the X79 Ports appear on screen, the Marvell Ports do not appear even thought they have Devices plugged into the Ports. The ASMedia Ports when occupied appear. Also during POST the CPU only appears at Default Speed even though I have it "hard" Overclocked in the BIOS. The UEFI Boot Priority located on the EZ-MODE page only shows two devices; my OS SSD and one DVD. I was with the understanding all Devices were to appear here and by Dragging & Dropping I would be able to place any Device as a Boot Device, apparently not? At this time I have 7 Devices plugged into SATA Ports; X79: 1, 2, 3 with two Devices plugged into SATA Ports; Marvell: 1 & 3 I am also utilizing the two final Ports, ASMedia: 1 & 2. I have full access to all Devices in Computer Management > Disk Management also in Windows Explorer all Devices appear. Where are they in the POST & particularly where is my CPU Overclocked Speed? Anybody, any answer/ideas?

Never mind any replies. The Board has been confirmed a dud by ASUS. They are replacing it. This will be the 4th X79 Board. Doesn't say much for ASUS's QC. Think I'll be going with a different MFGR in the future.

Back