• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

x700 with no fan?

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
20,486
Ok, I am currently selling my x700pro from a project computer gone wayward. I was checking up on it and didn't want to login to ebay from my public work computer so I did a search for "ati x700". I found my card and wanted to see what others were going for and I stumbled across one for sale that I had a question about..

http://cgi.ebay.com/XTASY-ATI-Radeo...241332076QQcategoryZ40158QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyways, I noticed that this card didn't have a fan. I thought that the days of fanless/heatpipe-less videocards were over. The rink-a-dink little heatsink doesn't even cover all the chipwork. Is there something wrong with this or does the x700 really run that cool? My 256mb Pro card that is for sale has a nice fan/heatsink combo that works great.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IIRC, the x700 is a low clocked, 110nm GPU. Even a 130nm 6800 can be passively cooled. That X700 would probably be hot to the touch, but it shouldnt be harmful if the manufacturer bundled it that way.

Though, the PCB for the X700 is for BGA ram. That has TSOP. Something is fishy. Looks more like an X300 than anything.
 
i've got a x700 AGP clocked at 420/somethign and there is no way it could be ran without a heatsink...

someone is selling wolf tickets
 
Oh and PS, you can clearly see ASUS imprinted on the card on the left side of the GPU.

x700.gif
 
inotocracy said:
Oh and PS, you can clearly see ASUS imprinted on the card on the left side of the GPU.

x700.gif

Nice catch!! Im supprised that I didn't notice that!
What do you think it is? My guess is its an x300.
 
It looks pretty similar to the card you found, I'd think so. Plus it is PCI-E so it couldnt be aged.
 
Well it does say Asus on that card, but it doesnt match any Asus X300, X600 or X700 on the Asus site. The heatsink is the same as whats used on the Asus X300, but the card itself has some differences. I;d guess it probabaly is an X300, but it certainly doesnt match any pictures of the Asus cards.
 
I just contacted the guy/girl that bid on the card and told them to contact the appropriate people about retracting the bid.
 
Back
Top