X58 motherboard with spacing for SLI, exists?

Recipe7

Limp Gawd
I am running a Gigabyte X58-UD3R. Amazing board, but has my 670s in a sandwich, suffocating the bottom card.

Is there a X58 board that has an extra slot in between the PCI x16 lanes?

The Big Bang Xpower also has an extra space between the x16 slots.

Due to the number of lanes the X58 chipset has, I don't think there is any board that would waste lanes by doing that kind of layout.

If you're really that paranoid, stick one of your cards into the bottom x8 slots. That will give you 3+ spacing, depending on the board.

I wish I could find a retailer that has one of those, sigh. Seems impossible to find any now.

Does anyone know a retailer that has x58 boards? =\

you're not going to find any x58 boards at retailers, ebay is going to be your best bet is ebay.

the asus p6t also has double spaced x16 slots, just not as well set up as the board i linked to.

Yea I've been having board problems for about 6 months now and I couldn't find any at a reasonable price. Realistically it made the most sense for me to upgrade to Haswell and I would expect the same for you, good luck.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 x58 has two pci slots between PCIe slots. I might be selling mine soon if interested.

you're not going to find any x58 boards at retailers, ebay is going to be your best bet is ebay.

the asus p6t also has double spaced x16 slots, just not as well set up as the board i linked to.

I'm feeling the same way. There are no usb 3.0 ports, which I use on a daily basis on my Gigabyte.

Yea I've been having board problems for about 6 months now and I couldn't find any at a reasonable price. Realistically it made the most sense for me to upgrade to Haswell and I would expect the same for you, good luck.

I'm thinking of doing haswell, but looks like a 750 dollar pit for me right now.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 x58 has two pci slots between PCIe slots. I might be selling mine soon if interested.

I'll let you know if ever. Seems to be my only option for the 1366 mobos.

Why a $750 pit? Unless you're planning on doing tri or 4-way SLI/crossfire, there's absolutely no reason to get a $400 premium PLX motherboard.

And given your heat concerns, I don't think you will even touch tri or quad-SLI/crossfire.

Why a $750 pit? Unless you're planning on doing tri or 4-way SLI/crossfire, there's absolutely no reason to get a $400 premium PLX motherboard.

And given your heat concerns, I don't think you will even touch tri or quad-SLI/crossfire.

300 for the 4770k, 150 for a 1150 mobo with spacing i desire, 120 for ram, and 120 for an h110 (unless i use my d14 i currently use)

it'll be around 570-690.

If i can sell my 930, 1366 mobo, and ram for 300, i may just get the cpu, mobo, and ram. But it seems no one is in the market for my setup unfortunately.

lots of people are, did you list it in FS/FT? you could reuse ram to save on costs. what kind of ram/how much is it?

lots of people are, did you list it in FS/FT? you could reuse ram to save on costs. what kind of ram/how much is it?

I can't post on the fs section yet, need more posts, hehe.

RAM is tri-channel for the 1366, 1150 uses dual-channel. Incompatible.

I guess I'll post on the trade section soon. :(

you are incorrect on the ram, you can use it, but you'll be using 3 sticks (unless you have 6, then you could use 4) but that does not mean it is incompatible, it will work. it just won't be ideal.

just trying to look out for you and save some money where you can/if you want/need to ;)

Thanks for the clarification!

I'll be stuck with 8gb in that case, since each of my sticks are 2gb.

Thanks for the advice, and I may consider it.

I've been reading that I should just throw my 2nd card in a x8 slot on my mobo. I think i'll give that a try before i buy anything.

yeah, if you have room in your case for it, looks like the x8 slot is at the bottom, your case would need 8 pci slots to be able to fit a dual slot card in that x8 slot

From the looks of it it doesnt fit, my psu is in the way, along with some peripherals.

May need a larger case now... sigh.

Haswell is looking more appealing now.

an asus p6t from ebay is still cheaper than upgrading to haswell ;)

True, but I personally don't like that board. It doesn't have usb 3.0 and the iphone super charging capability that mine does. Maybe I'll look for a higher end gigabyte mobo.

I'm now looking for a gigabyte g1 assassin, i hope someone can find someone for me!

Wouldnt the x58a ud3r rev2 do ? It has support for tri sli

I know you said you had the x58 ud3r, but the rev2 version is a better layout and newer board.

Its what i use.

I have the Rev1, and seems the differences are things which don't affect my situation.

If I use my 2nd gpu on the very bottom pci x8 slot, the various peripheral ports will be blocked and unusable.

I have the Rev1, and seems the differences are things which don't affect my situation.

If I use my 2nd gpu on the very bottom pci x8 slot, the various peripheral ports will be blocked and unusable.

Na, you will still be able to hook up your peripherals, tidy cable management is the answer in this case.

But it can easily be done.

hmmm. If you say so, I'll give it a try. I'm waiting for my Antec Eleven Hundred to come in so there will be ample space between the x8 slot and my psu.

Seems like it will be a tight fit, I'll do my best.

you'll be fine with the eleven hundred, there will be space for you to hook up the usb/front panel buttons/audio in between the motherboard and the video card's heatsink

I finally got my setup put into my new Antec Eleven Hundred case.

I am able to use my bottom pci x8 slot, except it is squeezing my usb and case port cables against the motherboard. May consider a new xl-mobo, but not sure yet. Anyways, here are the pics.

I'd like to note that I was concerned about the fitment of the two side panel fans while using a noctua d14. The pics will show that there is merely a 1mm space in between the noctua d14 heatsink and my noctua side fan. Hope this helps out someone in the future.

Before:

IMG_1479_zpsdaf1d346.jpg

After:

IMG_1515_zps4e29d757.jpg

IMG_1516_zps78f8634c.jpg

IMG_1517_zps566a2a36.jpg

IMG_1518_zpsad4755d4.jpg

Iv got a Rog system for sale that has proper spacing for SLI however im selling the system as a lot.
It includes a asus rampage III formula, 12GB corsair dominator 1600mhz ( 2gb x 6 ), I7 950 3.06ghz, 2x Asus gtx 560 ti sli, coolmater V8 cpu cooler

Here are some images of the system for sale, parts are on my desk, haswell system in case not for sale =)

im a long time hardocp member but I don't have the 100 post required to list it on the for sale / trade forum. I may just end up putting it on ebay

v8z8.jpg

a49d.jpg

Sorry for not replying Dregen, I didn't check this thread until now. Hope you found a buyer.

I purchased some braided pci-e cables online and just had them installed. It looks much better now. I don't think i'll ever upgrade, I feel I have a perfect setup! Unless something breaks *knocks on wood* :p

IMG_1535_zps7c59a8ae.jpg

IMG_1545_zps2198fbca.jpg

IMG_1530_zpsa3031ace.jpg

IMG_1554_zps23946e46.jpg

Back