X58 board that supports 3 dual-slot graphics cards and a soundcard?

My Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 has an appropriately placed PCI-E 1x slot, but it looks as if the northbridge heatsink may be in the way.

Are there any boards that can accommodate this setup?

Last edited:
The eVGA Classified can. NF200 version or non-NF200 These will support 3 dual-slot cards, plus a single-slot card for PhysX, plus a sound card.

The onboard HD audio is decent on the X58 boards, so you may not need the separate sound card unless you're really an audiophile. Another option is to watercool the video cards. If you take the coolers out of the picture, you won't be blocking all the other slots, and you can probably use just about any tri-SLI X58 board (like eVGA's regular X58, for example).

The eVGA Classified can. NF200 version or non-NF200 These will support 3 dual-slot cards, plus a single-slot card for PhysX, plus a sound card.

The onboard HD audio is decent on the X58 boards, so you may not need the separate sound card unless you're really an audiophile. Another option is to watercool the video cards. If you take the coolers out of the picture, you won't be blocking all the other slots, and you can probably use just about any tri-SLI X58 board (like eVGA's regular X58, for example).

Beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I bought the EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified for the layout primarily.

I am water cooling two of the cards, but they are GPU-only blocks. I haven't installed them yet, but I still think it'll take up two slots.

Great layout on that ASRock board. Not sure about it beyond that. Chipset cooling looks similar to that of the P6T6 WS Professional. Very interesting.

Only two boards can do it right now and they have already been mentioned.

But it should be noted that Asus is getting on the supercomputer bandwagon and making a revision of the WS Revolution called the P6T7 which will support 7 pci slots.

Honestly though unless you already have the sound card you might get enough mileage out of the EVGA or Asus mobos integrated audio.

The Asrock is vastly cheaper; but if the other mobos integrated sound are good enough, then the Asus board might end up being the cheapest by a small margin, because I seriously doubt Asrock's onboard sound is close to dedicated cards.

Other than that I'm not a fan of the other boards because their price reflects equipment put into them I don't need even if they are useful.

So join the Asrock bandwagon. :)

I can't vouch for that board in particular, but I do have an ASRock Dual SATA 2 motherboard with the ULi chipset that had both AGP8x (real AGP8x native) and PCI-E 16x and it was and still is an awesome motherboard.

Myself, I wouldn't hesitate to use a ASRock board. I have used ASUS boards though in my last two builds and do prefer them.

I am water cooling two of the cards, but they are GPU-only blocks. I haven't installed them yet, but I still think it'll take up two slots.

They will, about the only GPU only block that is single slot is some shitty Thermaltake ones (with tiny tubing). Otherwise the tubing themselves are too thick and cause the block to be too just to accomodate the barbs. Hell, most FC blocks still aren't single slot, you have to be very careful to get one of the few that are if you are interested in that.

They will, about the only GPU only block that is single slot is some shitty Thermaltake ones (with tiny tubing). Otherwise the tubing themselves are too thick and cause the block to be too just to accomodate the barbs. Hell, most FC blocks still aren't single slot, you have to be very careful to get one of the few that are if you are interested in that.

Yeah in my own experience I've found that single slot full cover blocks aren't quite single slot. The barbs can get in the way when trying to sandwich stuff in between. Heaven forbid you have to take the damn thing apart. That sucks big time.

Price AND Quality wise.

From professional reviewers this is not true and from Newegg feedback it is further substantiated to not be true.

I just noticed that the it isn't just the Asrock's Supercomputer isn't the only one to have 7 expansion slots but the Deluxe also has that as well.

The Deluxe is more than $70 cheaper while losing the support for Nvidia Tesla's, DTS, a cheaper lan that isn't dual Gb with teaming functionality, the removal of one of three SLI bridges and a less attractive looking southbridge heatsink.

Definitely not a loss in appreciable value.

FOXCONN BLOODRAGE!! IT SAYS IT ON THE BOX!!

:)D jk do not buy this. the cake in it is a big lie)

Only two boards can do it right now and they have already been mentioned.

But it should be noted that Asus is getting on the supercomputer bandwagon and making a revision of the WS Revolution called the P6T7 which will support 7 pci slots.

Honestly though unless you already have the sound card you might get enough mileage out of the EVGA or Asus mobos integrated audio.

The Asrock is vastly cheaper; but if the other mobos integrated sound are good enough, then the Asus board might end up being the cheapest by a small margin, because I seriously doubt Asrock's onboard sound is close to dedicated cards.

Other than that I'm not a fan of the other boards because their price reflects equipment put into them I don't need even if they are useful.

So join the Asrock bandwagon. :)

Seven pcie slots.Are they freaking crazy.I can't even afford to fill 2 of them up.Much less seven.

Back