X570 Strix E/F vs Prime Pro

scoobert

Limp Gawd
Hello All

Its been years since I built a machine and am down to the last choices (mobo/ram). So a little help would really be appreciated.
This machine will spend most of its life editing pictures and the occasional game of Farming simulator 19 Pro level Overwatch match play.
I dont overclock much and generally just try to tighten the timings on the ram.

Strix E The plus for me is in theory it would have better sound and best vrm, the bad would be the cost for things I would never use in a board like wifi, dual lan overclocking features

Strix-f Not as good vrm as the E and doesnt have all the things I would never use. Bad part is that its just 10 bucks less then the Strix-e. But does have the better sound then the Prime.

Prime Same Vrm as the F, same stuff I dont need not on the board but has a few less sata (never us more then 2 now, with 2 M.2 drives)

So I guess my question to the experts is the vrm on the prime going to be able to run the 3900X without issues and am I going to see much diffidence in normal use between SupremeFX High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A verses the Realtek S1220A High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3

Any of the Asus boards VRMs will handle the 3900X just fine. I just moved from a TUF X570-Plus to the Strix X570-E because I needed 8x PCI-E lanes in the second x16 slot. My 3900x actually boosted higher with the TUF for some reason.

If the price delta between the Prime or Strix is large enough, consider an external DAC too. It could be much better than onboard solutions and cheaper than the delta from the prime to the strix.

You should look into the tuf X570. It have same power stage as the top end board for $180.

Any of the Asus boards VRMs will handle the 3900X just fine. I just moved from a TUF X570-Plus to the Strix X570-E because I needed 8x PCI-E lanes in the second x16 slot. My 3900x actually boosted higher with the TUF for some reason.

If the price delta between the Prime or Strix is large enough, consider an external DAC too. It could be much better than onboard solutions and cheaper than the delta from the prime to the strix.
Thank you for the input.

I ended up with the Strix-e because the amazon price went up to 250 for the prime pro. At that point the better sound, vrm's and added rgb port made the $45 bucks more worth it to me.

I sure wish Asus would have added a third m.2 though.

Back