• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X38 temps

ElAguila

n00b
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
40
What is the maximum safe 24/7 temperature for the X38 chipset? I have a DK X38 mobo and because of the TRUE that I have installed on the cpu and the video card I am not able to get a heatpipe cooler on the chipset. I have a coper enzotech cooler with a fan right now and the temp gets up to 55C when under load. I was also wondering if anyone has taken the heatspreader off of this chipset.
 
How are you measuring the temp?
My X38 has a System temp sensor but it seems to be tied to the local case air temp and not the chipset.
It idles at 31C and under load for a few mins remained at 31C but I know it does rise a bit under load.
This is with an E8400 clocked to 4.1GHz in an Antec 900.

ps have you tried rotating the TRUE 120 90 degrees? (You may have more room to fit a chipset cooler)
I had to do that to fit it in the Antec 900.
 
I am using the monitor on the mobo. I have a DFI DK X38. I have been trying to avoid rotating my TRUE but if I have to I will.
 
Back
Top