DoubleDownn24
n00b
- Joined
- May 11, 2006
- Messages
- 12
Sceptre vs Westinghouse
I am sure this has been discussed before, but the annoying thing is since there are no stores in my area that carry either of these tv / monitors I can't see what the look like IRL. And there is not too many posts from people that have owned both, or have seen both in person.
Granted, just recently a friend of mine bought the X37SV, and he got the 2nd revision, so it has really bad jitters at 1920x1080 (he got it from costco), hopefully sceptre will be able to firmware update this puppy for him.
In either case, this monitor looked GORGEOUS at 1600x900 in all the games, windows desktop, and high def content we watched on it.
The one stipulation I had, was that in some areas in DOD : Source, the black levels were kinda off, some dark areas did not show shadow detail very well. But I don't know if that was because he monitor was not configured properly.
My question is, which is the best monitor for me?
Usage in Order:
Gaming / Video Editing / TV (downloaded shows on the computer) / Movies (from the DVD drive on the computer).
I really have no intention of plugging this thing into cable TV, or using any kind of console on it. Although the option to do so would be nice. I have my own sound system, so i would just yank off the speakers attached to the TV anyways.
I am a hardcore FPS gamer, so input lag, and response time are important to me, but I don't wana hear any "use a CRT" nonsense, I think the LCD tech is good enough (judging by the sample i did on the sceptre) that I probably wouldn't notice it.
So with all that, which in your guys opinion provides the best picture in terms of gaming?
I am sure this has been discussed before, but the annoying thing is since there are no stores in my area that carry either of these tv / monitors I can't see what the look like IRL. And there is not too many posts from people that have owned both, or have seen both in person.
Granted, just recently a friend of mine bought the X37SV, and he got the 2nd revision, so it has really bad jitters at 1920x1080 (he got it from costco), hopefully sceptre will be able to firmware update this puppy for him.
In either case, this monitor looked GORGEOUS at 1600x900 in all the games, windows desktop, and high def content we watched on it.
The one stipulation I had, was that in some areas in DOD : Source, the black levels were kinda off, some dark areas did not show shadow detail very well. But I don't know if that was because he monitor was not configured properly.
My question is, which is the best monitor for me?
Usage in Order:
Gaming / Video Editing / TV (downloaded shows on the computer) / Movies (from the DVD drive on the computer).
I really have no intention of plugging this thing into cable TV, or using any kind of console on it. Although the option to do so would be nice. I have my own sound system, so i would just yank off the speakers attached to the TV anyways.
I am a hardcore FPS gamer, so input lag, and response time are important to me, but I don't wana hear any "use a CRT" nonsense, I think the LCD tech is good enough (judging by the sample i did on the sceptre) that I probably wouldn't notice it.
So with all that, which in your guys opinion provides the best picture in terms of gaming?