x360 Wireless controller problem :(

TheWanted_

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I have this problem where if I leave my x360 on for quite a long time (the controller obviously turns itself off) the controller won't pair with the x360 when I turn it back on. I've tried pushing those pairing buttons but I dunno if I'm doing it in the correct order and my manual is locked away in storage. If I reboot the console, they pair perfectly.

The batteries show as 75% full so I don't think its that. I can play for hours on end with the same batteries.

This has only started happening recently, like since the weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try new batteries. Don't assume anything. I know the controllers have problems connecting when batteries are weak. You could also try pluging in the controller with a play and charge cord. Or call MS.

Sorry, forgot to mention this. I replaced the batteries last night with fully-charged 2500mAH rechargeables and when I woke up this morning the problem hadn't gone away.

ok, this may be a silly question, but, why do you leave it on overnight anyway?

...to test whether the battery replacement fixed it? Just a wild guess here...

Zoramac said:
ok, this may be a silly question, but, why do you leave it on overnight anyway?

You have no idea how slowly my connection downloads demos from the Marketplace :(

Hmm sounds strange. I haven't experienced anything like that. As others have suggested, try calling Microsoft and see if there is a fix. The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

1. Unlock your storage unit
2. Get your manual
3. Read it

4. /thread

I got the manual and there's nothing about this so no need to be cocky.

Anyways, getting the controller swopped out tomorrow and if that doesn't solve it then I'll get the console swopped.

There's plenty of people over at teamxbox.com with the same problem.

okay, this might seem really weird, but try unplugging you console and plugging it back in. i had a similar (but different) issue with my controller syncing up and this solved it.

TheWanted_ said:
I've tried pushing those pairing buttons but I dunno if I'm doing it in the correct

Pairing buttons? When mine does that (ie while watching a movie etc) I just press the big silver xbox button on the controller and it syncs up no problem. Did you try that? I never press the smaller pairing buttons at all.

I've tried everything xappie.

I got a swopout controller on Tuesday but it didn't help. Getting the console swopped out :(

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Back