Alright first I'll give you a quick run down of my story. I fried my socket A mobo so I figure its a good time to go 939, unfortunatly my fundage is very limited. Thats the story :0
Now, I already bought a venice 3000+ and I planned on getting a mobo with an AGP slot as I cant afford to upgrade my video card, however the mobo selection in that category is CRAP and not worth the money, considering better pcie mobos are cheaper, and to think i'm not really trapped into AGP like some people who have 6800s.
Ok, so the ONLY game I play is Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic (the best game ever), and my ti4400 rips it up
I'm wondering if an X300 will perform the same, as refurbished from the egg they start at $30.
Assuming I'll have the same gaming performance as my ti4400, can you guys tell me which of these cards from the egg I should get.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...y=48&bop=and&type=Refurbished&srchInDesc=X300
I know I want 128mb and 128-bit but theres all this stuff about VRAM and different bits on different types of ram, its confusing. So which of those would be a semi decent video card.
edit: for shits and giggles, heres the mobo I planned on getting: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813136152R
Now, I already bought a venice 3000+ and I planned on getting a mobo with an AGP slot as I cant afford to upgrade my video card, however the mobo selection in that category is CRAP and not worth the money, considering better pcie mobos are cheaper, and to think i'm not really trapped into AGP like some people who have 6800s.
Ok, so the ONLY game I play is Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic (the best game ever), and my ti4400 rips it up
Assuming I'll have the same gaming performance as my ti4400, can you guys tell me which of these cards from the egg I should get.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...y=48&bop=and&type=Refurbished&srchInDesc=X300
I know I want 128mb and 128-bit but theres all this stuff about VRAM and different bits on different types of ram, its confusing. So which of those would be a semi decent video card.
edit: for shits and giggles, heres the mobo I planned on getting: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813136152R