X300 and componet support

mattalter

Weaksauce
Hi, I have a msi rs480 with a built it x300 and I bought a x300 pcix card. I can not get the pcix card to work with the component dongle from ATI. I have used the dongle in the past on other boards without issues. Does any one know if the x300 pcix works with it?

Also I have a Aopen nvidia 6200tc that when I use with MCE it locks up the whole pc. I have tried every driver I can get my hands on. Any thought about that one?

Using the built int video card works fine, but vga to my plasma locks my tv into one acpect mode that makes the picture looks scretched.

My tv is a Panny, th-42pwd7 edtv.

Any suggestions is welcome.

ITS PCI-E

have you tried disabling the onboard video? or do you have them both running at the same time?

After swaping all mem and other hadware I could get my hand on, I found the issue.

My main board is MSI rs480m2. In the BIOS there is a setting for PCI express maximum payload size. By default this is set to 4 gig. For a ATI x300 pci express card that had 128 on board set this to 128. No issues. For a Nvidia 6200tc that had 16 on board, I set this at 128. Locks up every time. Set the payload size to 256 and issue solved.

Not much I could find about pci express payload size in Google except for pci express standards docs. Looks like a bandwith setting.

Hope this helps some one else.

Back