X3 720 BE & Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5DF needs a new home

GP40X

Limp Gawd
I have a "0904" X3 720 BE and new Dominator 4 Gig 8500C5 DF kit that needs a new home (motherboard to put them in). Looking for reccomendations for a good motherboard for this combo. Power and cooling are not a problem as I also have a Corsair HX1000W PSU, CoolerMaster CM590 case and a CoolerMaster V-8 cooler waiting in the wings for this build (memory, case and PSU bought for another build that never happened). I picked up the cooler at the same time as the 720 BE. Looking forward to getting back to some AMD overclocking goodness.

i have a nice biostar TA790GX 128m, if you would like to send those components my way i will house them in it for you :)

nah but seriously, you should take a look at that board. you can read your x3 as a quad with it

Maybe one of the DFI 790GX/FX chipset motherboards will suit you. Are you an enthusiast who can take advantage of their complicated BIOS?

Thanks guys, I found them a new home and it is the Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H. This is an updated Ultra Durable 3 vesrion of the GA-MA790GP-DS4H. Kyle and Dan gave the DS4H board a Silver Award and some of the connection isues (mainly the Sata connections) are addressed in this new board. The USB connectors are still in a bad spot but I can deal. :D

Back